cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign On with the SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

at the moment I try the Single Sign On for a ABAP System with the SAP GUI. Half a year ago I saw this function at customer side.

He click on a system entry in the SAP GUI, it starts and on the log on screen you find addtional to your normal logon fields (username, password, client) buttons with the client number on it. When you click on one of this buttons, you logged on without entering the Username and password. I hope you understand me what I mean.

The customer told me, that this is the SSO function of the SAP GUI by using SNC. Now I want to use this also for my current systemes but I have no idea how its work and so I dont really succesfully for searching information about this function in the SAP Help/ Network.

I hop somebody of you can give some hints/ information about this SSO function, so I can realise this for my systems.

Bye.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is your landscape? does all the servers available in Windows environment (easy to setup) or it is a mixed (need third party vendors or won developed kerboroes, check SAP ECohub on top for multiple vendors)?

The below links in SDN provides you all the information you wanted.

/docs/DOC-8156#section20 [original link is broken]

Also you can download the setting up of SNC from instguides at SMP.

Secure Network Communications SNC User's Guide pdf file is available here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Again,

sry for my late answer, but in my Comany, we had some so called "emergency" issues ;-).

Thanks for your answers, I will check out the realtech document.

We have a AIX landscape for our SAP Systems, I heared, that is easy to setup for a Windows environment, but we use AIX.

Bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I checked the Realtech Doc and I configured the SNC Principals and copied to my AIX machine.

I can create tickets with the created keytab and everything works fine.

Now Im facing problems with the compiling/ making of the SNC Adapter.

After I run the make command I got the following error message.

return( gss_duplicate_name( min_stat, src_name, dest_name ) );

}

ld -L/usr/lib -bM:SRE -T512 -H512 -bnoentry -o snckrb5 snckrb5.o /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a -lc -ldl -bE:sncgss.exp

ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: snckrb5.o

ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 255.

When I create this file, in the current directory I got the following message:

./build."`uname -s`" make do-all

ld -L/usr/lib -bM:SRE -T512 -H512 -bnoentry -o snckrb5 snckrb5.o /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a -lc -ldl -bE:sncgss.exp

ld: 0711-711 ERROR: Input file snckrb5.o is empty.

The file is being ignored.

make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 8.

Cann anybody helps me with this make problem???

Bye.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this [link|http://www.realtech.com/wInternational/pdf/consulting/Whitepaper/SAP_Single_Sign-On_und_Secure_Connections_via_SNC_Adapter_basierend_auf_Kerberosv5_en.pdf]

Thanks

Sunny