Did you mean: 

Current Posting Period Rollback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For my company code the Posting period needs to be as follows:

Current Period: 07-2009

Previous Period: 06-2009

But when I check the posting period for my company in MMRV, it shows some FUTURE periods like this:

Current Period: 11-2009

Previous Period: 10-2009

To have all posting functionalities happen correctly, the current set period needs to be rolled back to 07-2009 from 11-2009, otherwise it's not allowing me to post anything in Sales and Distribution. I know this has something to do in FI, but still I'm looking for a concrete solution.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto SPRO>Financial Accounting>Financial Accounting in global Settings>Global Parameters for CC>Enter Global Parameter-->Select your company code and goto details.

Check "Posting period variant" and "Fiscal year variant".

Also check the posting period variant for your system at:

SPRO>Financial Accounting>Financial Accounting in global Settings>Ledgers>Fiscal period and posting periods-->posting periods.

check and revert

Edited by: Yadav on Oct 20, 2009 8:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav,

Thanks for your reply. As you said I checked the items and they are correct. The Fiscal year variant is S3 which is Apr-March with 4 special peiords, and a posting period variant is assigned to the company code which exists. But let me know how to roll back the posting periods.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

consult your FI consultant before doing it

goto MMPV choose your posting period and select check and close period till current period

regards

senya

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

There are two Posting Periods in SAP.

1. FI Posting Period (t-code - OB52)

2. MM Posting Period. (T-Come - MMRV).

The one you are speaking of is MM posting Period.

Now if you fiscal year starts from April 2009 then the Current period should be 07-2009 & perious period should be 06-2009.

To change the MM posting periods follow this:

T-Code: MMPI - from Tool Bar select - System - User Profile - Own Data - In parameter Tab Enter "MMPI_READ_NOTE" in parameter Field

Then, Remove assignment of Plants from Company Code (In SPRO).

Now use T-Code OMSY & Set the required Period.

Re-assign Plants to Company Code & Check whether correct period is open thru T-Code - MMRV

Now use T-code - OMWD to Assign Valuation grouping code to Valuation area because the earlier data gets deleted when assignment of Plants was removed.

Use the transaction code OMS2 then select FERT (for Finished Goods) or any required Material type & then click on the quantity and value update.

Select your plant or valuation area and put Tick Marks in Value update and Quantity update

But, do the above process in close supervision from your MM Consultant.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,,

As you said I tried the following steps...

-- Make MMPI READ NOTE

-- Remove asisgnment of plants to company code

-- In OMSY when I try to set the current period for my company code as 07-2009, it's not allowing me to save. The information shows up there is 'The Company Code XXXX can no longer be initialized". Once I click on that, the current period gets reset to the incorrect one 11-2009.

Please let me know what's the other way to resolve this.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sumoy,

As suggested by yaday above, check Fiacal Year Variants assigned to your Company Code.

For setting Fiscal Years as April - March, the Fiscal Year Variant - V3 needs to be assigned to Cpmpany Code.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta