cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server hardware requirements for upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i'm upgrading my existing SAP R/3 4.7 to SAP ERP ECC 6.0.

I wanna cunsult here about the hardware vendors like HP, IBM, DELL which provides the best service and support and server which gives better performance , more reliable , and more abut, defining the HDD partitions for data and paging memory for besting resource allocated to server.

and final server configuration.

Thanks in Advance

Rakesh Paal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I wanna cunsult here about the hardware vendors like HP, IBM, DELL which provides the best service and support and server which gives better performance , more reliable , and more abut, defining the HDD partitions for data and paging memory for besting resource allocated to server.

What is "best service" and "better performance" for you?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

best service means if any problem acuurs , needs updates of drivers , how quickly vendor will responce and resolve the issue,

and performance of Hardware , life span and aging efects on the harware.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt that many people here experiences with different vendors to compare them.

HP has good reputation, their servers are in many benchmarks (http://www.sap.com/benchmark), DELL is known to be the less expensive one but I can't state on their quality.

We use HP servers for all our systems (Linux + Solaris x64) and we're very happy with them, the services and the support.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Markus for your promtly reply .....

Please can yu guide me about the disk prtition for paging / virtual memory in Windows

Thanks

Rakesh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Please can yu guide me about the disk prtition for paging / virtual memory in Windows

Don't know what you mean. There are too many unknown things.

I suggest you get a basis consultant on-site to determin what is the best setup for your environment. I don't now your sizing, database, underlying I/O system, necessary throughput etc.

Markus