cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in Equipment Download from R/3 to CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just performed an equipment download from R/3 to CRM. I now have these records created as individual objects assigned to an installed base. However my equipment record in R/3 has some partners related to it (sold to party), I have checked the partner determination in R/3 and created one in CRM with the same partner functions and assigned it to the product category used for the Equipment download. However even though I the equipment records are downloaded into CRM as individual objects successfully I do not have any related partners for the installed base or individual object.

Has anyone replicated R/3 equipment records into and got their partners relationships replicated too successfully.

I have the post but there is no mention of partner determination in there.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to download the partners, but you'll have to program it.

It's not very difficult, because the structures are already available. Activate event CRM0_200 in the R/3 system : transaction fibf to activate and function SAMPLE_PROCESS_CRM0_200 can be used as an example for the interface parameters. Within your funcion, identify the object ('equipment'), loop over the bapi-structures and search for structure 'BAPI_EQUI1'. In this structure, the equipments that are sent are identified. Use the key to select additional information from the R/3 database and map this to a new structure based on data-structure 'bapi_ihpa'. It should refer to the object nr. of the equipment. Append the new structure to table t_bapistruct.

Get back to me if you run into trouble.

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thank you for prompt reply.

However I didn't think I needed to program this to get the partners to load.

Reason is in the CRM IMG under the 'Replication of Equipment from SAP R/3 Customer Service' the help file mentions the following:

<i>'Mapping Business Partners

You can either map the business partners of the equipment to the individual object as a relationship, or to the corresponding installed base component as a business partner. If no other settings are made, the program tries to write the business partners to the corresponding installed base component. You must assign a partner determination procedure to the appropriate object category in order to store business partners as a relationship to the individual object. You can make the settings for this purpose in the transaction COMM_HIERARCHY.

To avoid errors during mapping, you should ensure that the respective partner determination procedures conform either to the installed base or to the object category, with the partner functions of the R/3-Equipment.</i>

So my assumption was when I replicate the R/3 equipment into CRM the partner related will be replicated too if my partner determination is correct.

Have you not been able to download the partners automatically without writing a program?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

This must be new to 5.0 or from a service solution.

--> didn't know about this

It explains why the structures for business partners are available in the integration

Michael.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JoJo,

Since you said you've successfully downloaded equipment from R/3 to CRM, I need your help. After downloading the object from R/3 how do you check if equipment is downloaded and where can I find it? Is it in Product master? I didn't find it there. The download is successful though. After finding the equipment, how do I assign it to an Installed Based. Please give some direction on this.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Once you have downloaded equipment from R/3 to CRM they are created as an individual object of an installed base. Go into IB53 to view the installed base. Also you can check in SMW01 to see if there are any errors - BDoc CRM_EQ_DMBDOC.

Regards

JoJo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fantastic! This is very useful information. When I checked the BDoc message most of the data has been downloaded except 5 or 6 items due to some reasons.

I have one more question on this. Is the table that store Equipment master EQUI (in R/3 that is table). So when I went into that table using SE16, the system message says, EQUI does not exist, check name. I also went into IB53 to see if the equipment has been mapped already. No my IBase is blank yet.

I would appreciate if you could throw some light on my issue.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes the R/3 equipment table is EQUI.

If you look at IB53 the equipment should exist as an individual object of an installed base. So the IBase is like your header and you'll find the equipment mapped to he individual object below the IBase. You should find the equipment number = the individual object 'Object ID'.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the warranty replication, you'll have to do some programming in CRM using BADI CRM_EQUI_LOAD.

Use method ENLARGE_COMPONENT_DATA.

• Create warranty link

DATA: it_interlinkage_to_create TYPE crmt_il_ibcwty_maint_ext_tab,

is_interlinkage_to_create TYPE crmt_il_ibcwty_maint_ext,

lv_object_guid TYPE comt_product_guid,

lv_object_reference TYPE crmt_il_wty_reference,

ls_prwty TYPE crmm_prwty,

ls_product_id TYPE comt_product_id,

ls_warranty_guid TYPE comt_product_guid.

ls_product_id = 'STD_WAR_1Y'. "Default warranty product

SELECT SINGLE product_guid FROM comm_product INTO ls_warranty_guid

WHERE product_id = ls_product_id.

is_interlinkage_to_create-warranty_guid = ls_warranty_guid.

is_interlinkage_to_create-start_date = ls_comp_det3-valfr.

is_interlinkage_to_create-end_date = ls_comp_det3-valto .

• is_interlinkage_to_create-determine_dates = 'X'.

INSERT is_interlinkage_to_create INTO TABLE it_interlinkage_to_create.

lv_object_reference = '02'.

LOOP AT it_ibap_struc1_tab INTO is_ibap_struc1_tab.

lv_object_guid = is_ibap_struc1_tab-guid_compc.

ENDLOOP.

DATA: it_messages TYPE comt_il_error_tab,

it_interlinkage TYPE crmt_il_data_ibcwty_tab.

CALL FUNCTION 'CRM_IBCWTY_IL_API_CREATE'

EXPORTING

iv_object_guid = lv_object_guid

iv_object_reference = lv_object_reference

• iv_timestamp = l_timestamp

iv_enqmode = 'E'

• iv_raise_exception = 'X'

iv_save = 'X'

it_interlinkage_to_create = it_interlinkage_to_create

IMPORTING

et_messages = it_messages

et_interlinkage = it_interlinkage

EXCEPTIONS

error_occurred = 1

OTHERS = 2.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

• MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO

• WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.

ENDIF.

The reason for this is that warranty is a relationship in CRM and part of your equipment in R/3.

I'm still looking for the documentation on the partner replication can anybody help me on this?

Regards,

Jacques Dokter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

Do you mean after downloading equipment into CRM,you are linking the warranties created in CRM to the individual object...

what is the need to link the warranties to the equipment at the ibase level and where do you create the warranties.

Can you please explain.

thanks

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

Thank you the code. I'll try it out.

Jothi,

Individual objects have warranties attached to them in CRM. Say a customer registered a product which has a warranty, this warranty relationship is attached the individual object along with the relevant start and end date.

When an R/3 equipment is downloaded to CRM, it would be ideal to download the warranty information too so we can see related warranty information against the individual object (i.e. registed product).

(R/3 equipments are represented in CRM as individual objects of an installed base.)

Regards

Message was edited by: JoJo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JoJO,

thanks for the response. Do you mean linking the warranties which are created in CRM or linking the warranties created in R/3. If warranties are created in R/3 how are they created there.....

I appreciate your response..

thanks

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

R/3 warranties are created using transaction BGM1.

Cheers

JoJo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

Where have you found Method ENLARGE_COMPONENT_DATA in BADI CRM_EQUI_LOAD.

We are on CRM 4.0 SP8 and I can't find this method. Could we use method AFTER_OBJECT_CREATION instead?

Manoj

Message was edited by: Manoj Gautama

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

you have to apply note 898236 to retrieve method ENLARGE_COMPONENT_DATA .

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information. As our equipments are created as individual objects within an installed base (replication from R/3), should we rather use method ENLARGE_INDOBJ_BDOC instead of ENLARGE_COMPONENT_DATA (both provided via OSS note 898236) ?

Any idea under which circumstances you use one or the other?

Cheers,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jothi,

I do the link during the creation, so within the replication from R/3 to CRM.

The link for warranty to the equipment is created at component level. The need for this is obvious. If you have more than one component linked to an iBase (e.g. a structured equipment in R/3), each component can have it's own warranty data. The warranty itself is defined as a special product in CRM. The documentation on this part is very good in the IMG for CRM!

Sorry for the late reaction, but hope you can still use it.

Regards,

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

Could you please help me out in finding the function module for the unassignment of the warranty to the IObject.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Vikash.

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jojo,

I've performed all the settings as you've mentioned and partners were successfully downloaded from R/3 to CRM. We're running CRM 4.0 SP8.

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Could you explain how you got the partners to download into CRM.

I have a number of equipments in R/3 which have a partner 'sold-to party' attached to it. I've checked the partner determination procedure for the equipment category in R/3 and made sure the partner determination procedure for the object category in CRM are mapped.

However I still don't get the partner relations downloaded into CRM.

Also do you get any warranty replicated into CRM?

We are also running CRM 4.0 SP8.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

JoJo