cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to syndcate Parent and child node values of Hierarchy lookup field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is anybody knows how to syndicate hierarchy fields Parent & Child node values as a part of main table syndication map?

-

Shailesh Surve.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Map the Hierarchy field with the required destination field, with this you will get only the child node i.e. the value displayed in data manager for the particulat main table record. In order to display the entire path, navigate to the tab Destination Items, select the destination field with which you have mapped hierarchy field, set the property Hierarchy style = Full Path Name and check the output.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitesh,

Interesting solution ... something new...

I tried your suggestion... its working with hierarchy field...

But I didn't understand the behaviour of syndicator...

Source Structure

+ Name

+ Owner

- + Full Name

- + Email ID

The same structure is there in destination site...

If I map source Location>Name with dest Location>Name node ... its not working...

But when I map source Location node to dest Location>Name node its working...

Also using Hierarchy style = Full Path Name only display value of all the nodes is getting syndicated separated by delimiter. But I think this way we cannot syndicated any reference fields (lookup inside hierarchy e.g. Owner in this example).

Are you aware of in way to syndicate referenced fields of entire selected hierarchy tree?

Thanks,

--- Shailesh Surve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

I guess in your case you may want to create another field on the hierarchy, that says e.g. "Parent". This field then is filled out with the parent code or name (depending on req.) by an assignment (Lookup --> Parent --> ...). Then you have the parent information as a separate field.

Maybe that helps you further. That is how we syndicate hierarchies to other destination systems.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your suggestion...

Well we are also doing the same thing which you have suggested...

But found some interesting things like split hierarchy (in one of the post in this section)...

Which may be useful as an alternative...

Thanks,

- Shailesh.

Answers (0)