cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message transfer from Oracle DB to SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario in which i want to transfer an HR record from a table of OracleDB to SAP R/3 via a standard IDOC.

Can anybody pls tell me the following:

1. Requirements for implementing this scenario.

2. Oracle 8.0 is being used, so is there any version compatibility issue that i need to keep in mind.

3. Can i use BPM in this scenario.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Neetu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following thread has a good sicussion abt the scenarios which required BPM.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Can u pls explain to me when do we need to use BPM?

Regards

Neetu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neetu,

<i>Can i use BPM in this scenario.</i>

I dont think you need a BPM for this scenario. All you will need is a JDBC-- IDOC scenario where your SENDER JDBC adapter willpick the data from the database, map the source to the target IDOC and push it out using IDOC adapter.

<i>Requirements for implementing this scenario.</i>

Oracle Driver to be installed on your XI server,

IDX1, IDX2 settings on XI , Partner profile on R3 for receive the IDOC from XI.

. <i>Oracle 8.0 is being used, so is there any version compatibility issue that i need to keep in mind.</i>

<b>Q: I have deployed the Oracle classes12.zip / classes12.jar JDBC driver as per the instructions in the XI Configuration Guide.

Unfortunately, I frequently notice hanging database connections. A thread dump taken according to the instructions in note 710154 shows one or more blocking JDBC Sender/Reciver threads and optionally that the JVM has detected a deadlock.

A: The Oracle classes12.zip / classes12.jar driver is compatible with Java 1.2 and Java 1.3 only, but not with Java 1.4. Please upgrade to a current driver (ojdbc14.jar), which does support the Java 1.4 JVM you are using.

Please make sure that you remove classes12.zip / classes12.jar from aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda prior to adding the new driver as per the instructions in the answer to question #1 above as you will get a class name collision otherwise (all JARs from aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda are loaded into the same class loader and the driver class name of both driver versions is the same).

Before deploying the updated driver, ensure that the new version is still compatible with your Oracle database server release. For details, please refer to the release notes provided by Oracle.</b>

This info is available in the note : 831162

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neetu,

When you are using your JDBC as a sender, then your JDBC will poll over your database and select the rows that satisfy your Select Query. Also, there is another field in your JDBC adapter that is very important and that is the Update satatement. Once your JDBC adapter executes your select query and selects rows from the database, you might not need those rows to be selected again. In this csse, you can use the Update statement to update the database.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neetu,

BPM is used for stateful message processing.

In your case, consider a scenario where in after selecting the rows from the DB and pushing it into the R3 system, you need to do further processing like, sending a confirmatory email or updating some table in the Oracle database to indicate the process success or failure you would need a BPM.

BPM is used when you have a sequence of steps wherein the processing of one step is dependent on the output of the previous step, so on and so forth.

Regards,

Bhavesh