cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM for serial numbers at GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear experts,

we want to post stock to QI for incoming lots and want to manage this stock (using UD)at serial no level. however we don't want to carry out results recording

SAP documentation says to check 'serial number possible' box and to use single units inspection along with the serial no profile requirement etc. Question is where is this single level inspections box on the QM view or inspection type control details in the material master.

Is this a hidden field? does any one know how to manage this ?

please note we are not using inspection plans. using inspection plans I've used inspection for serial numbers but in this case we aren't using inspection plans.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

If you have maintained Serial profile in material master and maintained the serial number while doing the GR then you can do the posting in UD

Once you give the stock posting to unrestricted, block , return delivery etc and save a pop up will come for each of the posting asking for serial numbers

If this is not coming please let me know the serial number profile you are using and the procedure available in tht

Regards

gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You need to maintain only 2 things for this

1) material was assigned a serial number profile and the serializing procedure was defined for maintaining inspection lots.

2) set indicator for "Serial number poss." in Material Master

Please dont worry about single unit inspection as you are not doing any result recording

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mate,

I've checked this already but it's not working. At UD I can see the serial nos but I cannot make posting specific to serial nos ex

serial A001 to unrest. stock with qty 2 and no A002 to blocked stock.

Normally when I save the UD , system should ask me which serial no do I want to post where> but it's not doiing that.

Thanks.