cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageExpiredException: Sync application request expired..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are calling a SOAP HTTP AXIS receiver (web service) HTTP. Sometimes the service providers request

takes 3 minutes to reply and we get the following exception :

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Sync application request expired.. Setting message to status failed.

I've set timeout parameter to 300000 milliseconds for parameter timeout of AF_Adapters/axis/AFAdapterBean but the timeout is still less... is there another place I need to increase the timeout.

Thanks.

Thierry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see following sap note for time out parameters

Note 824554 - ICM and SAP Web Dispatcher Timeout Parameter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Your guess is as good as mine, but the question to answer here is, why is the response taking 3 minutes. If this is by design, then you may want to look at the design and see if asynchronous messaging works better for you. Playing with timeout will only lead you to a point but with 3 minutes of delay in a synchronous service is simply unacceptable even if there is no human being on the consumer side.

Thanks

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This time out error is getting generated because of the web service you are calling. It has nothing to do with the PI's timeout. Your WS is taking too long to respond back. Check the network connections to get rid of this problem.

Regards,

Neetesh