cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW Business Client and accessing SAP services via web pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We currently use Business Connector to access our SAP environment via web pages. We looked at NW eSOA but decided against implementing it. Does Business Client offer anything that helps access SAP apps and data from a custom web site better the Business Connector?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Recently i had done replacing SAP Bussiness Connector with PI7.1, SAP stoped providing support to BC.

My Advice to you use PI,it will add more flexibilty,easy conectivty to any SAP Systems ,its offering predefined content to conect to any System.

Regards,

Raj

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tom

I am assuming you are using SAP Business Connector in your landscape to connect to back end SAP systems from your web applications. Your question now is that if business client can let you access SAP data for your web pages instead of the business connector. Point to not here is that Business client, as the name implies, is just a client with single point of access for SAP screens. That means, you can access traditional SAP transactions, WebDynpro screens, BSP pages, Portal screens etc in one single client. In very raw terms, Business client acts (or replaces) as your browser. It is not going to provide you any out of the box integration with backend system rather just act as a window. You options at this point are

1) Use your existing webpages but instead of getting data from the backend system through business connector, get the data using webservices.

2) Use PI as middleware tool and get the data from backend SAP system

3) Stay were you are but deal with high cost of ownership.

Thanks

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

That is basically what we thought but I thought I would ask anyway. Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Tom