cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Java Add-in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to execute an Export Java in our SAP ERP 6.0 System (ABAP+JAVA).

I choose the following option in SAPINST:

SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 -> Sofware Life-Cycle Options -> System Copy -> MS SQL -> Central System -> Based on AS JAVA ->

Database and Central Instance Export

But SAPINST always asqued me for a confirmation about the execution of ABAP report SMIGR_CREATE_DLL...

I only need to export JAVA Add-in, not ABAP...

Best Regards

Juan Carlos Barraza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

This issue has been resolved. Just I followed the next hint in the System Copy Guide...

"On the SAPinst screen SAP SystemDatabase Export, make sure to select Use database-specific tools for

the system copy method"

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Juan Carlos Barraza

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaun,

Sorry, but if your system is abap + java then it is manditory to export abap & then java.

when you start export java only , there is 1 phase which check abap export contain, if you have not done abap export , the java export automatically start the abap export.

So it is manditory to export and java both.

But if you want to restore your whole system , then you can restore the MS SQL database and the backup of /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEMGS<NN>/j2ee folder which you had taken during the database backup.

If you have already tested this scenario , then let us know what problem you have faced after restore the database & file system

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

The issue is that even if I execute the report (SE38), the process take an ABAP export before continue to export JAVA... This is not correct because I selected the option "Based on AS JAVA"... I'm following the System Copy Guide - MS SQL Server-Specific Procedure...

Exist a restriction about to execute only an Export Java Add-in over ABAP+JAVA system...?

Best Regards

Juan Carlos Barraza

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then in you senario you have to run the report before exporting the java.

Once you run the report, you will be able to export the java.

Thanks

Anil

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should follow the Homogeneous system copy guide so you copy both abap+java via SAPINST...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I need to copy the entire system to other server (homogenous copy). I used backup/restore oracle database and the ABAP stack is worked fine, but the Java Engine not work, so I think that the best way is export/import of the java add-in...

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Juan Carlos Barraza

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell us what is a reason you are exporting the java only from abap + java system ?

Thanks,

Anil