cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redlining layers cannot be saved using ECL Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having an issue saving redlining layers using ECL Viewer. When clicking the save button I get the an error message saying the file cannot be checked in. Storage categories have been setup. User has the correct authorization objects. A category for markup has been defined.

Any ideas on why this could be happening?

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

Please implement OSS Noe : 1257532

Thanks,

Sam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam. I will check on implementing the note.

I have done further testing on this and my findings are as follows.

1. The error message "Error while checking in and storing:" described above only happens for AutoCAD (*.drw) files.

2. I tried redlining using the viewer for PDF and JPG files in SAPGUI and the layers are created. No issues here.

3. When try the same thing using EasyDMS, the redlining layers are created. However, I am prompted to create a new DIR with *.cgm file. If I cancel this and open the PDF or JPG again the layers are still saved.

Any ideas on why the above is happening? What is the correct behavior for the redlining functionality?

Thanks,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like the problem may have been with the AutoCAD file that was in the system. I loaded another file and redlining layer is saved.

The issue of EasyDMS prompting me to save the *.cgm file was resolved by defining this as temp file using the registry key "TempFileNameMasks". Note 790434 - Configuring temporary files has more details on this.

Answers (0)