cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignments in Life Cycle Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1) In the assignment table of LCP, I am unable to upload many products at a time. I have more than 1000 Products to assign the LC profiles, so to upload (copy, paste from an excel), i am confined to at a time 7.

How can I paste atleast 20 or 25 at a time, instead of only 7 rows ? Is there any setting ? as its a tedious & time-consuming to do 7 each time ?

2) Also, when i try to 'Assign directly' with a profile for 5 rows, i see my profile there, but it wont automatically shows the periods. So i have to go to each row, and manually select again, to pop up the horizon dates. Why system does not automatically show the periods along with the Profile name ?

Anyone faced this problem ?

WIll appreciate for any help..

thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

We are looking to go down the path of a frontend assigning selection profiles to lifecycle profiles. Has anybody triewd this before?

I can't imagine we're the first as the standard functionality is ...unwieldy.

Any ideas, suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

1. I don't know any standard tool for mass update here unfortunately. However there is one or two trick that might help you bit:

a. Change your screen resolution to make the front as small as possible: your screen is going to be bigger

b. first create dummy lines (create some dummy line, then copy then with "select block" and "copy") it will ensure you are not limited by the grey lines...

Not ideal... the alternative is abap...

2. If you have already define the right horizon in your profile, don't worry about filling the dates again. In the assignment tab the date are only use to overwrite the profile dates...

Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Your answer #2 is definitely an eye opener to me. I was always thinking that beside the Profile name, dates should be appearing. Though I know those dates overwrite the prfl dates. But i learnt now that we dont need them to populate there.

Answer #1 : Though its not a good solution to tell to the users, but definitely a work around.

Thanks a lot again..

Venkat