cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Move Production from one Transport Domain to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are prepping for our upgrade from R/3 4.7 to ERP 6. I have created new Dev and QAS systems in a new transport domain for the upgrade. A new transport Domain was created for the upgrade landscape, and a placeholder "virtual" system was created for production in this domain.

Now, before I start the upgrade, I would like to change the transport domain of our production system to be included in the new TP Domain.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have figured this out. I changed the profile parameters to point to the new server and bounced the instance.

I also changed the TP Domain in the Solution Manager to the new domain.

I logged in to the old domain controller, and deleted the production system from the System Overview, and propogated the configuration. This essentially removed the production system from the landscape.

I then logged on to the production system in client 000 and when I brought up STMS it automatcially suggested the new transport domain. I accepted this and the system was added pending approval.

After logging in to the new domain controller, client 000, I approved the system and it replaced the previously virtual system with the actual production system.

I hope this helps others in the future.

Tom

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

You could look into the link below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read that post a couple of times, but it does not solve my issue. That post discusses moving the transport domain from one server to another. I'm not moving the domain.

I want to move our Production server from one domain to another. Production is already in DOMAIN_D30. I need it to be in DOMAIN_D40.

Thanks.

Tom