cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Notification email - Populating wrong display field values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using a workflow notification in MDM to send an email to a user. The email arrives as intended - but the problem is display field "REGION" shows wrong value...in my record region is "NC,North Carolina" and in email it shows 1531. I dont know from where does it getting the number from..

Can anyone explain why this might be? Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Thanks in Advance.

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Use variable %Records% and set the display field of the main table to REGION. For this, Unload MDM repository, select MDM Repository in Console Hierarchy pane, navigate to Main table name in Tables pane and set the Display Fields property to REGION.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Shailesh and Jitesh.

I am using %Records% variable and REGION is set as a display field as Jitesh said, still facing the issue. All other fields show correct values except REGIONu2026

Some more detailsu2026 REGION is lookup hierarchy table and we are on UNIX box not on windows. Does SAP support hierarchy table in email notification on UNIX boxu2026??

*Appreciate your reply guysu2026

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit

I mean it is right, because you have two fields in lookup table Region (Short name and Full name) and both field have display fileds property = "Yes"

if you will use only one filed (full name) in that case you will get Region name in %Records%

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Kanstantsin!

I have two fields in lookup table 1. Name 2. Code and if i change Name to "NO" display field is that gone affect my map's...?? Just want to confirm before doing any changes...

Thanks,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Komawar on Oct 20, 2009 9:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

It will definitely affect Import Maps....

In case of syndication...

It wont affect if you have mapped individual fields like in this case name to name and code to code...

But if you have mapped region field directly then it will affect syndication map also...

-

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit

Display fileds property used in MDM only for visualization fields(not lookup only) in Data manager or Import manager and ets.

if you set that property to "Yes" - field values will view

if you set that property to "No" - field values will not view

DF number - set order fileds in case which you set Display fileds property to "yes" for more then one fields in lookup tables

For example:

Name= DF[1] = "USA"

Code= DF[2] = "US"

View in Data manager drop down

USA,US

Name= DF[2] = "USA"

Code= DF[1] = "US"

US,USA

Name= DF[1] = "USA"

Code= = "US"

USA

Name= = "USA"

Code= DF[1] = "US"

US

in any case

one of lookup fiilds should have Display fileds property = "Yes"

We usually discuss that with customer.

Regards

Kanstantsin

Edited by: Kanstantsin Chernichenka on Oct 21, 2009 1:00 PM

Edited by: Kanstantsin Chernichenka on Oct 21, 2009 1:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Still having the issue even though after trying changes suggested by Kanstantsin...any other clue...?

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Got the answer!!!

As my REGION field is a hierarchy table and current MDM 7.1 SP 3 version does not support that. SAP has told me that this will be possible in SP 4 so lets wait till SP 4 gets released somewhere beginning of next year (Q1 of 2010)

Thanks,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Komawar on Nov 2, 2009 8:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Which is the notification variable you have used for getting REGION?

- Shailesh.