cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning book changes transport request failed in quality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to make some changes in Macros for one of our planning book. As per practice I made these changes in Development and tested everything looks fine and created transport request to Quality. Request failed in quality with error code 8. which says individual objects could n to transport succesfully. I further tried to analyze the issue and looked at objects and they look like Slections ids were failed. Can anyone advie how do I locate and correct these - .

I created transport request from function sapapo/tsobj and selected the planning book. I think this has selected all selctions ids also. Later I created another transport request from Planning book and this went through succesfully.

But how I can corect the old transport request which is showing in red light as error.

Thanks

KV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KV,

I think you issue is that you try to transport a new selection with a name that already exist in your target system. this happen often when selection were originally created manually.

Here you need to decide if you want to keep the old ones or transport the new ones. To transport the new ones you first need to delete the old ones.

From transaction /sapapo/tsobj you can actually decide if you want to transport selection ID or not.

However if you selected the option "planning book" only, then it should not include selection... so this is a bit strange... did you not transport planning area, seleciton or jobs in the same request?

I suggest you check before transport,from SE01, which objects are included in your request...

Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julien for your reply and the infprmation. Now I checked SE01 looks likeall selction ids were selected , I remeber selecting only planning book but I dont how all selction ids got selected and I did not check SE01 before transorting.

Looks like selction ids of other planning book were also got selected. Now is there a way to correct this request as it is already in Quality so that I can remove red light.

I had created another request this time from planning book so that selection ids do not get selected and transported to Quality and this is fine. Suggest me what to do with failed request.

Thanks

KV

Edited by: KVerma on Oct 20, 2009 4:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KV,

Regarding your wrong request, you can't dop much about it.

Don't worry, I will be suprise if you were the first to have a wrong request in your system.

I suggest you check your internal practice to know how to handle this kind of request.

But basically the idea is: do not transport further. If possible "reject" it to ensure nobody will ever transport it.

Another point: in your case it looks like you don;t really want to transport selection. It is however quite useful to do so, especially for the selection used in background job. I often suggest to:

1. Have different naming convention for batch jobs selection and selection for interactive use (you can even control selection creation / usage with autorisation to avoid misuse)

2. transport all selections related to batch job. If you decide to do so, you need to ensure all these selections are correctly defined in your development AND you need to delete this selection in all your target system (to avoid the locking issue you got)

Sorry if all this is a bit outside topic...

I hope it helps

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julien, that was quite a usefule information for me.

Regards

KVerma

Answers (0)