cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman installation error (Basic Configuration / Step 4 User data)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am installing Solution Manager EHP1 on Win2008 / Oracle. I have encountered a issue with during the Basic configuration phase. In the stage 4 where the user data is created, I am encountering an error.

The users mentioned as per this stage are created viz, CONTENTSERV, SOLMAN_BTC, SAPSUPPORT. I however noticed that only the user "SAPSUPPORT" has roles added. The rest of the two users are created but without roles.

The error in the log reads "The selected template do not contain any authorization data". I suspect that this error pertains to the users CONTENTSERV and SOLMAN_BTC.

Is there a work around for this?

What are the roles which are assigned to CONTENTSERV and SOLMAN_BTC (by the installation program in your system). If i know this I could probably manually assign these roles.

thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLMAN_BTC = corresponds to a user which runs all your background jobs. Many companies prefer "BATCHUSER" instead. This user has SAP_ALL.

CONTENTSERV has been renamed to SOLARSERVIC since 3.1. Basically you can name it whatever you want. That user has the Role SAP_SOL_LEARNING_MAP_DIS

Nesimi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have assigned SAP_ALL + SAP_NEW for those two ID's. I have decided to figure out the exact authorization later on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also have a look at Solution manager security guide, it has a bunch of clues about who should be granted with what autorization.

Don't know if it has changed in Ehp1 but if still alike Solman 7.0, take care to the autorization check for RFC user :

S_RFCACL = ' ' (simple quote, space, simple quote ... this is also mentionned in the security guide )