cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application running outside portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I wondered if it is possible to run a Visual Composer Application outside the portal. I need to show some date i retrieve in my application and then embed this in another application (not SAP). So i wondered if it possible to have my Visual Composer application running outside the portal, so that i can access it directly through URL.

Thanks for any help,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, It is possible to run visual compposerr applications outside SAP Portal environment. Technically you still need the Netweaver Java Portal server running, but the users can access the Visual composerr applications via Sharepoint or other Portal softwares and even CRM 7.0 using federation. We are already doing this for both Visual composer for 7.0 stack as well as CE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So if i undestand you well: i can run Visual Composer Applications on the Java WAS but outside the Portal? I need to see the content of the Visual Composer Application in another Portal, so i don't want to have all the Portal Layout in my other Portal.

Thomas

ps: i'll have a look at Flex, i had never heard about it before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Comming back to you. I don't find how you can run a VC application outside the portal. I know i need the Portal to be installed and running, but i want to see my application running outside the portal (to avoid seing all the portal layer and be able to see on a page only the data i want to show) via an url i can call from somewhere else.

Is that possible? If yes, how? When i "run" my VC application it allways launch it in the portal.

Thanks a lot.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Still didn't find the answer to my problem. I am able to connect to BI through Visual Composer (had to configure à system SAP_BI_XMLA). So i can see my queries in the portal but i have no idea how to see them outside the portal. Is it possible with VC?

Thanks,

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As said before, you cannot do that.

When VC compiles a program, it generates a flash application inside the portal. You can use Flex to get the same result in a standalone application (and a more user friendly interface).

You can either call web services to retrieve your data or RFC functions via the Java connector.

Hope this helps

Regards,

C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thanks for your answers. I'm looking a way to retrieve data from BI, but without having to code everything for displaying this data, when it already exists. So you tell me that ihave to forget VC if i want to run outside the portal.

But maybe Flex? What is Flex? Never heard about it. Do you think of another tool i could use?

Of course i know the web services, i already used the Query As A Web Service, but then i have to write all the layout by hand and put in a JSP in order to get in a web application.

Thanks for your help,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you have a [link|http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/?promoid=BPDEQ] for Flex.

When using the Flex Builder (IDE), you can quickly create interfaces without much code (you just drag and drop UI components to create your interface). However, you'll still have to write some code to define your web services.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its not possible.

VC application always needs the Portal Server where the application runs.

Regards,

Govindu