cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are defining the clients strategy for our ECC Landscape. For the development system, in your opinion, which are the potential problems/criticalities to have a client (100) for the customizing activities and another client (200) for the unit test & workbench activities/developments? One problem is the fact that also the client 200 must be open "Changes to Repository and cross-client customizing allowed", so also in the client 200 (and not only in the client 100 as we want) "customizing CR" can be created.

Best regards

Bob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. Only another doubt. As our project is a Rollout on single instance with a single multicompanies client, then we'll have the problem of overlap between project tasks and maintenance. So which is the best solution at client level, one client for project and maintenance or separeted clients?

Cheers

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

As per to the Clients concept whatever Clients u created will depends on the size of storage capacity ya.

Basic thumb rule is Client has 3 divisions ya

First one is Client dependent data

Second one is Client Independent data (or) cross client data

Third is Repository data

When u r creating a client in scc4 u after filling up all the necessary fields and finally u have to deside whether the type of client ya.

Here according to the type u have to set up the security levels i.e. Restricted(access) levels ya.

According to u 100 client is for customizing and set the levels to all allowed. Where as with 200 client set it to restricted ya.

U can move TR's with SCC1 ya.

Please let me know if u r not satisfied with my answer so that I will try to brief u more elobrtelly ok.

Prashanth.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos