cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to debug the transfer rules & Update rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

how to debug the transfer rules & Update rules ?? what is the importance of dubugging

Regards,

Swaroop Noothi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this blogs:

SAP Network Blog: Debugging data upload in BW

/people/pavan.bayyapu/blog/2006/09/06/debugging-data-upload-in-bw

SAP Network Blog: SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI: Get runtime information of a Data Transfer Process (DTP) in a Transformation

/people/community.user/blog/2007/05/02/sap-netweaver-70-bi-get-runtime-information-of-a-data-transfer-process-dtp-in-a-transformation

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the blog.

http://teklink.co.uk/sap/sap-bw-debug-update-rules-transfer-rules/

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Jayaram M

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've update-change a routine-rule from source. 0FIAR_O03 to 0FIAR_C03 and I'm trying to debug it, but I don't know how I can run the data transfer stopping it at the program....

My steps:

1) at the update rules --> xtras -> dsiplay activated program

2) search the sentence to set the breakpoint either with ctrshiftF12 or ctrlshiftF9

3) go to the infopackage and start the load (there is no DTP)

May you help me please???

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've update-change a routine-rule from source. 0FIAR_O03 to 0FIAR_C03 and I'm trying to debug it, but I don't know how I can run the data transfer stopping it at the program....

My steps:

1) at the update rules --> xtras -> dsiplay activated program

2) search the sentence to set the breakpoint either with ctrshiftF12 or ctrlshiftF9

3) go to the infopackage and start the load (there is no DTP)

May you help me please???

(Netweaver 2004s 7.0 release. update rule 0FIAR_C03 80FIAR_O03)

thanks

Colin4
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

During processing data in the transformation there are different structures and internal tables where the records are temporary stored.

The naming convention is quiet helpful.

YT_SC_1 -> T stands for Table and SC stands for source

YS_TG_1 -> S stands for Structure and TG stands for target

The following picture shows the sequence of the structures and tables for the records during processing.

YT_SC_1 Datapackage records - source (table)

YS_SC_1 Record in Source structure

G1 Rule result record

YS_TG_1 Record in target structure

YTH_TG_1 Datapackage with hashed key

YT_TG_1 Datapackage records- target table

============

How to check the RuleID

1) call transaction RSTRANGUI and add the TRF ID, then display the tramsformation

2) go to the rule and display the rule details

3) switch on the debugger (move the debugger shortcut on the pop-up)and click on the check button

4) create a breakpont at Class: CL_RSTRAN_TRFN_RULE and Method CHECK_ME and hit F8

5) when it stoped at the breakpoint display variable:ME and double click on the variable value

6) check attribute N_RULEID

Go to your transformation first..

IN menu select EXTRAS-->Display generated program and put break point at your desired location.

(else you can hardcode it in program if it is in development system "break username." in code)

Now go to the dtp and in execution tab select serially in dialog process for debugging.

and excute...it will take you to abap debugger window...to the break point you have set.

Now go on pressing F5 and move forward and F8 to go to next break point

Also double click on variables to see their values in right hand window.

best of luck:

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are in 3.x version -

Go to request monitor of an info-package --> details tab --> processing ---> select an info-package --> right click simulate update.

Choose the package and no of records .

This will take you a ABAP debugger screen, find your custom code and toggle between

F5 - line

F6 - into a loop

F7 - out of a loop

F8 - execute the code at once.

-

For 7.0 version:-

In the dtp execute tab ---> choose where you want to input the break point ---> extraction/filter/transformation --> a tick mark will appear . Click the dialog box of the processing mode, you will find debugging option --hit execute. Find your code use Functions keys F5/8 to toggle between the code.

It is recommended to debug using system generated break points rather than hardcoding BREAKPOINT. In case if you do, please remember to remove it.

Sharat