cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove partial handling resource in the optmization run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I´ve location with and without handling resource in my planning version. For instance, all distributions center locations has handling resource but all customer location hasn´t handling resource but in the optmization log (ET_LOG) shows customer location with yours handling resource, one for EM and another for SM. The handling resource code is equal to customer location code.

Why tihis occurs If customer location hasn´t handling resource in resources tab in /sapapo/loc3 ? Is it configuration and can reduce it response time for optmization run ?

Thanks all.

Rolim de Camargo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rolim

thats an SAP standard that when you dont have any GR/GI resource attached to the location in the Log it still shows in the handling reource as the location name itself. That holds good for storage resource too, I dont think it is going to make much of a difference in your optimisation run times even if you are able to remove it. The feature is for cases when we do not have any calendar constraint for GR or GI but we wanna map it still so thats why a resource might be comming to picture. Even if u dont have any GR or GI times maintined at ur customer still the resources will feature.

Well on the other hand if you wanna improve the optimisation run times you can try out the following options

1.Decomposition methods (time, res, Product) in optimizer profiles.

2.Parallel processing

3.Breaking your optimizer into two smaller runs if possible.

4. avoid discreete optimizer ( incase ur running it) if u really dont have much of discreete constraints.

5. Try to minimize discreete variables

6. Optimisation time period/ horizon.

Hope this helps

Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender

Thank you for your explanation. I´m trying to use some decomposition method to reduce optimisation run time too but in parallel i´m studying other possibilities.

Best regards,

Rolim de Camargo

Answers (0)