cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap proxies ( Client and Server proxies)

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team

Good day to you. I am now started doing some example scenarios on ABAP proxies(ie Client and Server proxies). After going through the blogs which are avialable, i am writing this question to you for clarification.

As per my understanding, the below are the required predefined settings which i need to do in my landscape to generate abap proxies(ie client and server proxies).

My landscape includes the below systems.

System A : SAP XI 3.0 system and

System B : SAP R/3 on WAS 620

SAP R/3 predefined Steps

1.Create HTTP connection in the business system.

2.Configuration Business system as local Integration Engine.

3. Connection between Business System and System Landscape Directory.

4. Maintaining the SAP J2EE Connection Parameters for LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI in SAP J2EE engine

(Here in the step 4, i found the below needs to be done)

1. Goto J2EE Engine

2. Choose Cluster --> Server --> Services. JCo RFC provider

3. Under RFC destination specify the following:

Program ID: LCRSAPRFC

Gateway Host: <Integration Server host>

Gateway Service: <Integration Server gateway service>

Number of process: 3

4. Under Repository specify the following:

5. Choose Set.

Application Server: <Integration Server host>

(i am not able to perform the steps which comes under point 4. so please Guide me how to goto J2EE engine and configure accordingly.

5. Maintain SLD access details in Transaction SLDAPICUST.

As per my understanding, i need to do the above predefined configuration steps in SAP R/3 system (ie bussiness System) for doing Abap Client or Server proxies.

And in the meantime, i would like to know whether i need to do any predefined configuration steps in XI 3.o system also. Please check and suggest me accordingly.

Once i get clarification on predefined configuration steps, i will proceed with the example scenarios on client and server proxies which are already in SDN.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, all the settings documented in the blog needs to be done at R/3 server side only except the point no 4 which u mentioned. that shld be done at XI J2EE Engine

The Point No 4 u have mentioned here needs to be done by logging into J2EE Engine and follow the mentioned procedure by You above. Usually this will be done by Basis ppl.

Please follow one by one step guided in Bolg

Regards

Seshagiri

Edited by: N V Seshagiri on Oct 19, 2009 4:48 PM

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

Thanks for all your responses. Finally please clarify me on the below point.

3. Connection between Business System and System Landscape Directory :- In this step we are creating two RFC destinations (ie LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI ) in SAP R/3 system as per my landscape. While creating the RFC destination we need to provide the values for GATEWAY HOST and GATEWAY SERVICE. As per my understanding here i need to give the GATEWAY HOST and GATEWAY SERVICE values of my XI 3.0 system. please corret me if i am wrong here.

Please tell me whether my undestanding is correct or not.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raj

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

-->While creating the RFC destinations of Type H in the Application system you need to maintain the gateway host and gateway service along with some other required parameters.

-->The Gateay Host and the gateway service must be the details of the PI SYSTEM.

-->GATEWAY HOST name is nothing but the host name of PI System and GATEWAY SERVICE is nothing but sapgw+instance number of PI system.

Thanks

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan

thanks for your response. you said that for the connection type 'H' we need to provide values for GATEWAY HOST and GATEWAY SERVICE but here i need to create the RFC destination of type 'T'. so please tell me whether i need to give the values for GATEWAY HOST and GATEWAY SERVICE for connection type 'T' also and the second thing is please tell me the difference between Application system and bussiness system accordingly to my landscape which i mentioned in my question.

I am in little confusion because as per the requirement for abap proxies in the blog they mentioned that all these setting should be done in the bussiness system (ie SAP R/3) but you are saying that Application system. so please clarify.

My landscape which i am going to use in Abap proxy generation

System A: XI 3.0

System B: R/3

Here which is bussiness system and which is application system. Pls calrify.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raj

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

-->ooooohhhhh really i am sorry man they are of Type T connections not type H , LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI are of type T and we have another connection for proxies to get the message interfaces in the SPROXY t-code of Type H withe name as INTEGRATION_PI9(can have any name).

-->Your R/3 system is the Business system and itself is an application system where your application logic is implemented and get generated.

-->sorry for confusing............. )

-->yes you need to maintain the gatewayhost and gateway service for Type T connections.

Thanks

Edited by: pavan kumar on Oct 20, 2009 3:32 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

this document will capture all that settings you need to do

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

>>1. Goto J2EE Engine

This you can do by logging into SAP XI server and opening the Visual Administartor Tool

Regards

Suraj

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi suraj

Can you please check my question completely and clarify me or confirm me on the points about the configuration steps and let me know if there are any further steps i need to do on SAP r/3 side or XI 3.0 side.

Regards

Raj