cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM7 Alert Management for Business Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to activate a sort of alert management in order to monitor the modifications of supplier generic data.

I've found that in SRM7 there is the possibility to use the "SRM_BUSINESS_PARTNER" alert object in transaction ALRTCATDEF.

But I can't use it because it seems that here:

SPRO --> SAP Web Application Server --> Application Server --> Basis Services --> Generic Business Tools --> Alert Management --> Define Alert Categories

there is the object SRM_BUSINESS_PARTNER that I should use...I suppose.

but in this other branch:

SPRO --> SAP Supplier Relationship Management >SRM Server>Cross-Application Basic Settings>Event and Event Schema for Alert Management> Define Events

there are no objects that refer to "business partner".

In this way I could use alert management for all the documents but the suppliers.

does anybody know why?

thanks

Albe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi albe

some technic might help you

Bidder Alert Notifications By Ramakrishna Rallapalli

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Blogs

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu,

my problem is that, as you could define an alert event schema for bidding invitations (SRM_BID_INV), I cannot do the same for suppliers data changings even if the alert category SRM_BUSINESS_PARTNER exists.

For that category, infact, does not exist any Event neither Event Schema for Alert Management.

How can I define some events for that category? do you think it's possible?

Albe

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why do you want alert the bp chnages . alert functionality is to take some quick action on this business object

for example bid invitation is going to expire and act fast to submit bid.

or if the contract is going to expire , you can alert the buyer / vendor to re negotiate and create a new contract. and would suggest to extract some report by programs and monitor them which vendor data are updated.

foe eg. you can monitor via BW what are the vendor details payterms are recently updated etc...via zprograms...

br

muthu

br

muthu

Answers (0)