cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMIGR_CREATE_DDL and parallel export/import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm performing an heterogeneous system copy of an ECC 6.0 ABAP system. I want to speed up the process by using parallel export/import, but the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL report generated 3 SQL files. As mentionned in SAP note 888210, the SQL files must be copied into the <export directory>\DB\<DBSYS> directory after the export and before the import.

Does it mean that the use of parallel export/import isn't possible in this case ?

Thanks in advance for your reply !

Sincerely,

Christophe Brandt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I'm writing about parallel export/import, where the export of the source database (which runs in parallel on 8 processes) should be executed in the same time as the import of the target database (which also runs in parallel on 8 processes).

I read that SQL files generated by the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL are evaluated by R3load during the import, but I didn't find when exactly.

Did someone test such scenario, by including these SQL files when the import is already running ?

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

For Exporting ECC6.0 you can use New Installation Master 7.0

If you are using this installation master you will have three Export Phases

> Export Preparation

> Tablesplitting Preparation

> Database Export

Once you are done with the Export Preparation Phase you can see the Export Directory structure. So you can copy <TABART>.SQL files to /DB/<DBSYS> this direcorty.

You can safely run the parallel expot and import after copying the *.SQL files in <export>/DB/<DBSYS> directory. This will not harm by anyways.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Surendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The export/import process is already done in parallel by default (usually 3 or 4 R3trans jobs will run at the same time depending on what you enter into the SAPINST screens). There is also a way to add app servers to the process to speed it up (I believe there is a SAP Note on this).

J. Haynes