SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Billing Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!!!!

A custom billing variant program is needed to determine IF there is an active pipesafe contract (division 05) on the customer account. The custom billing variant will be added to the rate steps of the quarterly rate. Copy existing standard function module "ISU_COMPUT96". The custom variant program(function module) could use the structures that the standard function module provides. Each time the billing engine is executed for a contract, it will execute the variant programs assigned for the rate. Enhancement will be called during transaction EASIBI. IF the function module finds a contract with a division 05 in the search - pass back numeric value factor 1 ot the output variable - MAC_OUTPUT_IOPER X_OP-01 ELSE pass back balue factor 2 to the output variable.

Please experts I need help with this, I have no experience working with billing I just have some presentations about rate building and I don't know how create custom variants and how link them with a function module, if anyone has some material or point me in the right direction it will be a great help, thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the SAP help definition of a variant program

Variants are small independent programs. Variants carry out elementary arithmetical steps. Many variants valuate billing-relevant values and thereby generate billing line items. Other variants convert values and provide the resulting variants. Variants usually have input and output operands that symbolize the parameters included in the variant. These operands belong to a certain operand category. In rate, a combination of variants portrays the billing rules.

In IMG follow the path

IMG>SAP Utilities>Tools>System Modifications>User-Defined Enhancements for Billing>User-Defined Variant Programs>Define Variant Programs.

Read the documentation and you will understand the steps. If not, please come back with a question to the forum.