cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Monitor Problem (Fields are Invisible)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In SCM 4.0 we have written an User Exit to add own customer specific fields. It was working in SCM 4. Now after our upgrade we are not able to view our customer specific fields in the alert monitor. The BADI is still active and when I debugged the BADI everything (addition of field catlog and value population) seems to fine. Please let me know if any need to maintain any additional setting to make our fields visible in the alert monitor.

Thanks,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva ,

I think only the standard fields are getting displayed based on the standard alert monitor layout settings. Create a custom layout and add your additional fields to the custom layout and set that custom layout as default layout (or user specific layout if only certain users need to see the additional fields ) and check .

Hopefully this should work. The layout settings can be made in the alert monitor transaction itself . There is an icon for layout management in the lower half of the alert screen.

Check this and update me .

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saradha,

Even the fields are not available in the layout columns.

Is there is any length that's need to be maintained for the alert monitor width?

Thanks,

Siva

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva

I think something is still missing in your layout setting. Display the alerts in the alert monitor . After that go to change layout (the layout icon is the second one to the left of delete icon). When you say change layout a popup screen will be displayed with 2 sections "displayed columns" and "column set". Pull the additional fields from the column set to the displayed columns section and save the layout. (SAP will ask for a custom name , and you cannot save a std layout. So u have to give a custom name). When this is done and the alerts are regenerated the additional fields should defenitely get displayed.

In case you dont see the additional fields in the column set itself ,then it means you do not have those characteristics in your system. You have to check RSD1 in that case.

Thanks

Saradha

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Is your problem solved. Kindly update .

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saradha,

Still the problem is not yet solved.

We have raised an OSS note for the same.

Will let know once I get the update.

Thanks,

Siva.

Answers (0)