cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapadm userid - not adm question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our OS Administrators deleted the sapadm user ID. I am not sure what that ID was, but I believe it was created during the install. The OS Admin rebooted the server and received the ""*** ERROR => Get id of user sapadm failed. (3: No such process) [HostServiceI 604]" error message.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Is the sapadm userid needed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that this sapadm is not a standard users used in SAP. It must be just an OS level user for accessing some lower level details. Recreating username with same name and assigning it Administrator role at OS level should solve your problem.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

In UNIX, should we just create the sapadm user and give the same permissions/groups as SIDadm user?

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Rick

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your OS admin team must be knowing from where they actually deleted this userID.

As this is not a standard SAP user, it seems more like a normal OS level user. Creating this user on OS level and assigning it same rights as Administrator shouldn't harm the system in anyway.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks again for your response. Do you know what the sapadm user ID is needed for? Can we manage without it? My OS team will be wanting details.

Thanks again,

Rick

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now its getting outside PI arena.

You may refer this for now and read the discussion

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=%28J2EE3417400%29ID0876596650DB1184239146338632017...

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

This error is caused by missing user sapadm. Maybe someone deleted the user.

Please check file /etc/passwd. If the user not exist, recreate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patreek,

Thanks again for your answers. I am closing this thread.

Best Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

SIDADM user deleted, so based on the OS you can create that SIDADM user.

Useradd command in unix

My computer->manager->user in windows

Check the other system (either quality or production) and set that properties to create that SIDADM user id.

Ask your BASIS people to do this.

For more information you can post this thread on BASIS forum.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for your response. The user ID is sapadm, not SIDadm and I was not sure what this user ID does.

Best Regards,

Rick