cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent Registration - SMD NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear @all,

I've registered in a SM 7.0 environment some SMD Agents, but after the UpGrade to SM 7.01 the connections are down. I so deleted the agent from file system (UNIX) and installed this agent in a new version from download content D51036888, 51036769 and 51037093. In the new NW Setup I can see, the agent will connect to central SLD and I've tried some settings; only correct host, port, user and pass works - it seams, the setup tests the connect in this step - and I thinks the settings are correct. In earlier versions of SMD Setup I had to set up the message server port of the solution manager (8102) and the host name and I could register the agent in /smd > diagnostics > setup > diagnostics system > setup wizard.

Now the workset "SAP Solution Manager: Managed System Configuration" links to a manual step named "Assign Diagnostics Agent". The link is /smd/go/ADMIN_AGENT. But all old registered agents are offline and I can't administrate this connections. In the old setup wizard on /smd I can't connect to the running agent. The log files on filesystems seams to be right.

What is wrong?!

ps: And where I can find the registered SMD Agent in /sld?

In /webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsmdserveragentadmin/SLDAgentCandidates I've found my new SMD Agent in status service; but I can't do this: If I select the agent, no frame is displayed to enter any user or password.

>> A new frame is displayed in the bottom of the screen. It allows to provide the User and Password

>> to connect to the SAP Solution Manager.

>> The information is automatically send to the SMD Agents when pressing the apply button.

>> SMD Agent connects itself to the SAP Solution Manager.

>> Once the registration is over the agent is visible in the regular Agent Administration

>> UI and its state in the list of candidates is (associated).

THX, René

Edited by: René Schulz on Oct 19, 2009 2:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today I've installed LM-Servece 5 SP02 for NW 7.01. The last tested version was 4 SP03. And now I've seen a WARNING...

With Local SLD I have Read-only Access and with the old LM-service I didn't seen an error message in SLDAgentCandidates. But with new LM-Service I could see an error message "2009.12.18 13:02:35, Attach operation is disabled in READ ONLY MODE. Select other SLD source." and it dawns on me.

If you connect to the local SLD with custom parameters, the connection is not Read-Only and you can Apply the waiting Agent... all is fine now...

SAP Call is: SMD Agent Registration - SMD NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1 ( 946284 / 2009 )

and the couldn't help me

I don't know, but eventually I didn't read this... my fault...

Markieren Sie das Ankreuzfeld u201ECustom SLD Connection Parameters" und geben Sie die Verbindungsinformationen der Produktions-SLD ein, unter der die SMD Agents registriert sind.

kind regards

René