SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation table - create subsequent sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In my current retail project we have implemented various scenarios of merchandise distribution (within the same company code and cross-company) using allocation tables. All of which use warehouse orders as follow-on document. I am now trying to create an allocation table in order to generate a sales order to a customer as a follow-on document, but the error I get is that there are no selectable items.

I believe the problem is that in the allocation table I cannot define the customer as a recipient. I know we can use site groups but this is an external wholesaler and therefore I cannot use site groups. (I have read in the best practices document that we can have dummy site groups only for allocation tables but in transaction WB50 the only classes I can choose from are site grouping and site hierarchy, so I don't understand whether I can really have a dummy site group which would be a customer or group of customers).

SAP provides some function modules for recipient determination but these are templates and you need to write your own. I would ideally like to know if I can implement the scenario without having to write a function module.

So it may be that I am doing something wrong or it may be that what I want is not covered by the allocation table functionality. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Sotiris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

barbara_wessela
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sotiris,

Allocation definitely supports customers and sales order. I think that your approach to create a group for customers was actually correct. In WB50 you should be able to choose a customer class type 011 from the list.

Hope that helps

best regards

Barbara

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

barbara_wessela
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sotiris,

Allocation definitely supports customers and sales order. I think that your approach to create a group for customers was actually correct. In WB50 you should be able to choose a customer class type 011 from the list.

Hope that helps

best regards

Barbara

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I had created a test function module for recipient determination and I therefore I was able to check that the system can define customers as recipients and determine a sales order type as follow-on document.

I will now try to find if there is some kind of customizing behind the fact that in transaction WB50 I do not see class type 011. I prefer this solution (if I find how it works first).

Thanks & regards.

Sotiris

0 Kudos

hi,

Try transaction CL01 for creating a Class, choose class type 011 ( Customers).

Then to assign the Customers use CL24N.

You can then use this customer group in Allocation table application. Check the item category for generating the Sales Order.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks,

Sridhar

0 Kudos

In fact, that was one of my earlier comments. That in WB50 you cannot create an "allocation" site group for class type 011. So even if you create a class and assign the customer you cannot use it in the allocation table.

But, what I did is this: I noticed that the table behind WB50 contains the assignment of class types with application ID, table TWRF16T. So I added an entry with '03' the application for allocation table and 011. (this can also be found in Logistics General - Basic Data retail)

After this is done it works. I am not sure this is the way to do it but it seems OK now.

Edited by: Sotiris Hatzis on Oct 23, 2009 2:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello Sotiris,

Can you please send me more information about the function module that you´ve created?

It would help me a lot.

feftee@hotmail.com

Thanks