Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

groupware integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to setup the Groupware Integration to enable the Business

contacts & Meeting request flow to the Microsoft Exchange Email Server.

Currently we have our Developement Environment of SAP and Corporate

domain linked to the same network and windows Domain model.

We plan to install an additional exchange server in the same network

domain model, and dedicate it for the groupware integration testing.

Once the tests are successfull we will then hook it up to the main

exchange server.

We need to know from you, if this design is advisable or you would

recommend some other SAP practice to be followed for the objective to

be achieved.

Can anyone help me on how to achieve it and if possible please provide me with your contact no.

Regards,

Rahul

+91-9820726867

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any one tell me what are the prerequisites for groupware integartion with CRM. One of my client has implemented mobile sales and now he likes to add on groupware fucntionality.So could you please tell me what are the prerequistes on the hardware as well as on the software side of it.Please do let me know if there is any checklist or notes to refer.

Thanks & regards

Abishek

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

we setup a specific Windows Domain for our development and integration enviroment. Also with a complete seperate Exchange Server. This enviroment runs on a Virtual server which is enough for Testing. If you use the same Domain you will run into problems when you copy your landscape from production to int or dev.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for your prompt response.

But if i use different domain for test purpose will our MSA(Mobile Sales Application) that we are currently having will be connected to this new domain so that any business partner or activity created in Mobile client can flow to the mailbox. Can it be done? Do we have to change some parameters?

Regards,

Rahul

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

what is your exact environment? Is MSA only used or are there also CRM Online / PC-UI Users? I'm asking because for MSA there is also a possibility to syncronize on the Client side to Outlook directly. The Groupware connector is a backend technology which syncs from CRM Server to the Exchange Server.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

We have CRM 4.0 as well as Mobile Sales Application implemented. So how will it work then? According to me whatever will be created in mobile will flow to CRM online and will then flow to Outlook isn't it? So how shall i go ahead in my above scenerio.

Actually problem there are many things involved in Groupware configuration, so I thought it would get clear if I will talk to you directly but anyways I will write it down elaborately so that you can guide me.

System Landscape:

We have CRM 5.0, Mobile Sales Application already implemented. Now we have installed Mapbox on different server and what we are planning is first we will use CRM DEV which will connect to MAPBOX which in turn will connect to Groupware Connector installed on Live Mail Exchange Server and would download limited data using filtering technique. Then after testing and if it is fine we will disconnect our CRM DEV server and hook up our CRM PRODUCTION Server to the same MAPBOX and same Live Mail Exchange Server and the do the download of adapter objects.

Will this scenario work properly after replacing CRM DEV with CRM PRODUCTION SERVER?

We are doing this way because the client does not want to set up new MAIL EXCHANGE SERVER for testing purpose.

Doubts:

1)Can we have multiple MAIL Exchange server on the same domain?

2) Even if we have new MAIL EXCHANGE SERVER installed and if it is on different domain then will our MOBILE SALES APPLICATION and CRM DEV SERVER synchronize data properly with new MAIL EXCHANGE SERVER? How much would be effort in doing that ?

Your effort is greatly appreciated and thanks once again for your reply.

Regards,

Rahul

+91-9820726867

Message was edited by: Rahul Jagani

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

1. It is correct that if you don't want to use the Mobile Sales Application possibility to talk directly to Outlook information will flow this way:

- Mobile to CRM online

- CRM Online to Mapbox

- Mapbox to Groupware connector

- Groupware connector to Exchange

- Exchange to Outlook

2. I would suggest that you take a deep breath and work through this OSS Notes:

o 908571 - Groupware Integration Solution Notes

o 908577 - Groupware Integration TroubleShooting Guide

o 908579 - Groupware Integration Frequently Asked Questions

o 938591 - Known Limitations with Server side CRM Groupware Integration

3. Please give us a better expression about the Business Case. What kind of Data should be exchanged?

o Contacts to a public Folder?

o Contacts to private Folders?

o Activities to the Outlook Calendar?

o Tasks?

4. When I know this I hope I can give you a correct solution.

Best regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I want following data to be exchanged

1)Contacts to a public Folder

2)Activities to the Outlook Calendar

3)Tasks

what are the objects to be downloaded for this?

Can you please send me a detailed document or steps to do this?

regards,

Rahul

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

1) I would suggest that your Exchange admin should create two folders on the Exchange Server. One which can be used for the Development and the other for the Production Server to sync the contacts too. How many Contacts will there be in the end?

2) and 3) Create a special user to test the sync from the Development System. Only this Employee should have a E-Mail Adress maintained in the Dev System. This triggers the sync.

Please have a look to the documentation <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/88/362df1c1897e47bad73b19babc25bf/frameset.htm">Groupware Integration Configuration Activities</a>

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gregor,

right now we are having the synch between the Mobile Client with the outllok.

but we are planning to remove the Mobile Sales from our environment and we are trying to integrate the SAP calendar with the outllok .

I want to synchronize the activities/tasks with the outlook calendar.

so do we need to install the groupware conncetor,map box etc.

But it seems fairly easily to sycnhronize the mobile cleint with the outlook.so i could not understand why it is so complicated to synch the online crm with outlook.

Can you please let me know

RGDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

That means for 2) and 3) i need to create a special user in CRM DEV? is it right or is it required to create it in Mail server also?

Also i have 1 more doubt about where will all the activities and meeting details saved on mail server.

will it be saved on the same Public folder that we have created on exchange server?

Regards,

Rahul

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

yes, I suggest that you should create a sprecial user on the CRM DEV. This User has also to be created on the Mail server and should only be used for this test purpose.

Activities are replicated only to the Calendar and Task folder of the users directly.

Regards

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zack,

as I wrote you also by Mail you should post this question as a new topic.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

you gave a lot information about the different steps of the groupware integration. I have 2 small question regarding the integration :

1. I did not have found out if there is a possibility to transfer Business Partners from CRM to the private folder (in addition to a public folder) and to filter them on ..let say ..employee or assigned Sales Reps, so that only these Business partners, which are assigned to a sales rep or an employee are distributed to the sales reps private folder...

something else (for example sending ALL Business partner) would not make sense in my opinion..

But how to make this happen is the question...

2) for sending the attachments with the activities...

how can I make this happen?

I did the instructions of this page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/de/ab/f9b5ab30d148678aa1e4d23e3a5a73/content.htm

and I also defined at "Define Filter Profile for Document Exchange and Assignment of Filter Profile to a Business Object type” in the following path: Customer Relationship Management->Basic Functions->Content Management. In the “Define Filter Profile for Document Exchange view, I added for the profile SMALL_DOCUMENTS the attributes like the following

Line Counter Document Type Mime type Size of Document

10 * * 1000000000

In the “Assignment of Filter Profile to a Business Object type” view,

the object type BUS2000125 and BUS2000126 are assigned to SMALL_DOCUMENTS

But it is still not working....do you have any idea???

Thanks in advance for any input.

Best Regards,

Sahin Hatun

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahin,

1) Excactly the Topic: <a href="/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2005/08/07/crm-setup-synchronisation-of-business-partners-into-groupware-private-contact-folders">Setup synchronisation of business partners into groupware private contact folders</a> is described in my Blog.

2) I've just tried the exchange of attachments on our system. It works that I attach a document in the Appointment in Outlook. This Attachment is transferd to CRM. But when I add a Document in the CRM Activity it does not appear in Outlook. Perhaps I had also a misconfiguration or it's not a bug it's a feature. :-(.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all the settings as you described in Setup synchronisation of business partners into groupware private contact folders.

but i can not see any contact person in my lotus notes address book.can u plz tell me is there any extra settings required??

i have created employee having user id same as that i have used in groupware connector.is that a right step??

email id of that employee is updated in MBMANDTSTORE table.

but still no data has been replicated to public or private folder,although all those data have been replicated to mapbox.

can u plz tell me is there any extra settings required to see business partner in lotus notes??

regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Urgent......

We are linking Groupware server with CRM Server. while doing so, we are facing the following problem.

It wants to execute the function module "GWA_FILL_ACTCAT_MASTERCAT in Transaction code se37. While executing the same, system replies the above mentioned function module does not exist.

How to go about with this problem?

Please guide me

Thanks

Senthil

Message was edited by: Shridhar Deshpande

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I think the error is in the documentation. You have to execute Report "GWA_FILL_ACTCAT_TO_MASTERCAT" in Transaction SE38.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our clients planning to go for Groupware integration with Excahnge server.He already has stabilized CRM mobile sales system,So now he would like to go for groupware integration.And he is currenlty has Dev/QA/Prod environment. So could any one tell me what are the prerequisites for groupware integartion in terms of hardware and system requirement.And also please do let me know if anybody has questinnaire for information gathering from the client before blueprinting.

Thanks & regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

One of our clients planning to go for Groupware integration with Excahnge server.He already has stabilized CRM mobile sales system,So now he would like to go for groupware integration.And he is currenlty has Dev/QA/Prod environment. So could any one tell me what are the prerequisites for groupware integartion in terms of hardware and system requirement.And also please do let me know if anybody has questinnaire for information gathering from the client before blueprinting.

Thanks & regards