cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using multi mappings in a synchronous intergace mappings scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Gurus

I have a synchronous soap --> XI --> Sync. RFC scenario (non BPM) which works fine.

My requirement is to add another mapping object using multi mappings in this scenario, but since XI has a limitation which prohibits me to use multimappings as interface mapping used is a synchronous one.

Can this be achieved using a BPM ?

Is it possible to use two asynchronous message mappings instead of one synchronous Interface mappings?

Thanks,

Lovein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, with BPM you can use the multicast pattern to receive response from multiple receivers. If your sender interface and channel remains same, then it won't be possible to receiver response from both the receivers without BPM.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratheek ,

Thanks for your reply.

To explain the issue in other words..

I would like to use a asynchronous interface mapping instead of synchronous one being used currently to access RFC.

I need to use asynchronous Interface mapping as the multi mappings are not supported by synchronous Interface mappings in XI

as has been described on help.sap.com "If you want to map multiple messages to each other by using a multi-mapping, you can only specify asynchronous interfaces" on link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/4f/ef761a5ecfb1418b79896e10fe4c57/content.htm]

So the burning issue boils down to if I can break a synchronous call (RFC request/response in my case) in to 2 asynchronous ones.

If a BPM is needed to achieve the goal then can you guide how that can be done.

Thanks,

Lovein

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using BPM,

1. Receive step to receive the initial message.

2. Trasform step to perform multimapping. Transformation will have two target messages of each type.

3. Sync send step. Pass the abstract interface for RFC request message to this send step and response may be received. This could be then used further.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lovein,

Did you solve this problem? Even I am facing this issue. How do we create the interface mappign exactly for this?

Thanks and Regards,

Merrilly

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. I was not able to get that working and had changed the design of the scenario. Pl let me know if you were able to make it working.

Thanks

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you explain, why you want multimapping?

Do you want to have several RFC calls with one interface?