Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide line for task type: Background.

former_member920516
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Could you kindly tell me the guide line for background?

I only search the dialog from the internet.

Is there any difference between them?

Our system is IDES system.

DB sever is SQL sever.

I just want to know the standard value for background. such as the standard avg. response time is X sec. cpu time is XXX, etc.

You also can provide the ratio for me.

Thanks and best regards

Alex yang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member920516
Participant
0 Kudos

No guide line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not possible to give an absolute rule like "A job should not run for more than X seconds" because jobs are by nature very diverse: somemay run only for a second or so, while heavy data processing jobs may run for hours. This is why the response time guidelines for dialog steps do not apply to jobs.

What I recommend you do is to monitor regularly the runtime of your most important jobs:

Transaction ST03 => select server TOTAL and select time interval (day, week month) => Transaction Profile => choose Task Type = Background. Ignore the entries "RSBTCRTE" and "(B)OTHER". It is a good idea to keep historic

Former Member
0 Kudos

... sorry I hit the Post button .. message continuing

It is a good idea to keep historical data about your top jobs, so that you can see if for example their run time is steadily becoming longer. This could indicate an emerging performance problem for the job in question. In that case look at the response time components, mainly Database Time and CPU Time to know which of these is dominant. You can then investigate further with analysis tools like SQL Trace etc.

regards,

Mark

former_member920516
Participant
0 Kudos

If possible, I also want to know the standard value for ST06.

Such as the Idle CPU should be more than 35%

what about the memory and pool

Thanks and best regards

Alex yang