cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ... validate key figures in Web manual planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has someone tried to apply that How to paper ?

I am confused as it is written to create a subclass ZSOMETHING of the standard ABAP OO class called CL_UPWB_BSP_APPL.

Then, we must set the web interface on that subclass, in order to have some abap code executed.

The screen copy at the step 8 shows the following:

<b>Generate Class <u>False</u>

Application Class <u>ZSOMETHING</u></b>

However, no entries are allowed in that screen as long as <b>Generate Class</b> is not set to <b>True</b>.

But if I do this, and then precise <b><u>ZSOMETHING</u></b> as the Application Class, then the standard class CL_UPWB_BSP_APPL is no more used, and mine not good as this is only a subclass and not a true class.

Who has done that before please?

Regards,

Laurent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI

Finally it works. I do not know how that How to paper got that fake screen copy, as that situation can not happen...

So, the solution is to swap <b><u>Generate Class</u></b> to <b><u>True</u></b>, and then precise the <b><u>ZSOMETHING</u></b> as the <u><b>Application Class</b></u>.

Beware, as from that moment, every new generation of the web interface will ask you if you want to RE-generate the application class. You have to uncheck that box, otherwise BPS will overwrite your ZSOMETHING !!! And you do not want this as it contains your abap enhancement.

There is also another error in the How to paper, concerning how to determine which layouts must be checked. The html tag <validatelayout> does not deliver its data in the Abap code. So I just hard coded into the Abap code, instead of hardcoding it into a text element inserted into the web interface. Anyway, it is still hard coding.

But from now, as I do have such enhancement on the web interface, I must:

- warn all my BPS designers that they must not re-generate this web interface without unchekcing the box

- keep a backup of that ZSOMETHING class (like ZSOMETHING_COPY) in order to solve the possible previous error that still can happen

But that means also that I must not forget to code the backup class as soon as I must maintain the original one. Quite boring ...

And as SAP generates the objects after the transport imports, I have two transport orders :

- a first for the class, that I will first import

- a second for the web interface

If the import of the web interface re-generates the application class, then I will re-import the first transport order.

I hope that it will help you,

Regards

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

can you give the detailed steps to do this and also kindly send me the PDF to email id shashikantsm@gmail.com

THank you very much in advance.