cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit management Update Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru,

I am facing this problem where credit management in SAP is becoming increasingly un-predictable. Guide me as i have checked each and every setting in the config and every thing is fine. Here are the issues:

1: customer has a credit limit of 1000 and a order is raised for for 100. In FD33, the sales value is showing 100 and the credit exposure is 10%. But after the invoice is generated, in FD33, The sales value shows -100 (It should be 0) and the recievables show 100. This has been happening for atleast 5-10% of the orders created.

2: Customer has 1000 credit limit, and 950 is used at 95% exposure. An order comes for 100 and it should be blocked, but it does not block it. This has been happening quiet often as well.

I dont know what is the issue.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Shahzad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Organizational data was modified recently. After running F.28 the issue was resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Issue 1:

Reezuddin Sir, Invoices areautomatically posted to FI. They are not parked as the system is set for automatics Posting of invoice to finance.

Sri Nath Sir, VKOA has been checked and all the GL's are properly configured and assigned for posting to FI. I must say, nothing has been changed regarding accound assignment in the past 3-4 years. you can see that invoices are always being posted to the correct GL's.

Issue 2:

Reezuddin Sir, The update group being used is 000012 (Order,Delivery,Billing). There is static check with reaction D(valueError), Next review Date with Reaction D (ValueError) and finally Oldest Open Items A (Warning).

Sri Nath, Dynamic check is not being used here. Apart from oldest open items, all fields are checked for D.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use Dynamic Credit check and configure remaining steps for the dynamic credit check and for dynamic credit check maintain the option D in OVA8 then you will get error. and your problem will be solved

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using the same currency for credit control? If not, you should consider the conversion rate (i.e. UF vs USD)

On the other hand, try running standard program RVKRED88. If you detect wrong data, then run RVKRED77 to correct it.

Regards

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am not using Dynamic credit check, because there is no requirement for it. The system is 5 years old and this is the way it has been functioning. We dont have a credit horizon. The currency is PKR only and not USD. Although Export is carried out in USD but there is no credit management on export customers. They are all advanced payment or LC. i am tired of using RVKRED07 / 08 / 77 / 88 & F.28. Whats the point of this when i have to run these programs 3-4 times a day. The poblem remains.

Regards,

Shahzad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shahzad,

Regarding issue no 2:

Pls check the Document Type & Item Category of the sales order that is not coming under credit check. May be u might be using different material and document for sales.

Thanks & regards,

Shailendra Panhale

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shahzad,

Please check credit management settings in sales doc types and item categories.

Also see if you have maintained correct settings in your pricing procedure subtotal column.

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru's,

Sales Document type & Item category are credit active.

Regards,

Shahzad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the setting in OVA8 for

1) Document Controlling - Check if any routine is there

2) Released Documents are still Unchecked - check for % and no of days.

Thanks & regards,

Shailendra Panhale

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shahzad

For your First issue , if the customer credit limit is 1000 and if customer has used a value of 100 then it will update

10% which is correct and if you clear that value of 100 then it should show as zero only , so check the G/L accounts configuration in VKOA . So you need to take the help of FI consultants.

For your Second Issue , if Customer has 1000 credit limit, and 950 is used at 95% exposure. An if an order comes for 100 and it should be blocked, then check correctly OVA8 configuration , check wheather you have used Dynamic Credit check or not. Also make sure that at you are keeping the Status feild as option " C " . or not . in OVA8.

Regards

Srinath

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1: customer has a credit limit of 1000 and a order is raised for for 100. In FD33, the sales value is showing 100 and the credit exposure is 10%. But after the invoice is generated, in FD33, The sales value shows -100 (It should be 0) and the recievables show 100. This has been happening for atleast 5-10% of the orders created.

Hope you might have check it, but still,re-check once agian,whether these invoices released to accounting or not? Until unless invoices releases to a/c'g,it will be treated as Open billing & the value will be considered as Open sales value, not as Open Item value.

2: Customer has 1000 credit limit, and 950 is used at 95% exposure. An order comes for 100 and it should be blocked, but it does not block it. This has been happening quiet often as well.

This you can control through Customization,

What are Credit Checks you are using?? in Reaction field, what you have maintaied? there are couple of options, to pop up either warning/error message with /without exceeded value.