cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup on hard drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to take Backup on Hard Drive on MS-SQL server.Anyone help me how to take backup ?

Regards

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Able to take Backup on Hard Drive on MS-SQL server?

Is your issue resolved? pls update.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I recommend MNA's reply.Try to follow the solution which he given.

Or you can schedule the backup through Management Studio\Enterprise Manager By selecting the Database --> Right click --> you can find option to take backup --> you will get options like disk or tape, Since you want to take backup on disk,select disk --> give your target path. Here you should not get any warning like "path could not found continue any way?" just click on OK. Your backup will start.

Check whether you are having enough space before scheduling the backup.

If you understood MNA's reply, every time you no need to touch the Management studio\Enterprise manager.

you can schedule your backup from SAP level (DB13).

Check the below link.

[Backup SQL 2005|http://www.exforsys.com/tutorials/sql-server-2005/sql-server-database-backup.html#art_cmts]

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to take Backup on Hard Drive on MS-SQL server.Anyone help me how to take backup ?

Please, (Open the Microsoft SQL Server Studio) Start>Programes>Microsoft SQL Server Stuido--> Connect to the SAP Server Instance for which you want to take the Backup of the Database, then ->Server Object>Backup Devices--Rgiht Click on the Backup Devices(give the location of the disk).

Open the SAP menu, enter the Tansaction DB13, You will find the location of the disk.

Warm Regads,

MNA

Edited by: MNA on Oct 19, 2009 10:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i opem MS server managment Start>Programes>Microsoft SQL Server Stuido--> Connect to the SAP Server Instance for which you want to take the Backup of the Database, then ->Server Object>Backup Devices--here i found R3DUMP1,R3DUMP2,R3DUMP3.For taking the backup i have create new backup device?

Regards

Ashok

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashok,

did you try to read the documentation for SQL-Server on

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/mss

e. g. "SAP with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 - Best Practices"

Markus

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

You can execute the Backup Operations using DB13 (In DB13--> choose "Full Database Backup") by specifying the location.

As an alternative, Use the Enterprise Manager/SQL Server Management Studio and Create Backup Device/s to your available disk space.The Backup results are still recorded in Tx DB12 or DBACOCKPIT.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff