cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula Calculation on Result Row

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a report where there are three key figures in 3 columns. Column 3 is (value in column a)/(value in column b). That is if a,b,c are values c = a/b. Now my problem is this. In the results row for this column I want the same formula to be applied. That is results row value should be (a1a2a3---an)/(b1b2b3----bn) instaed of the average of column c.

I tried all settings of formula collision and still I am not getting the value I want. Any suggestions please?

I am using SAP BW 3.0 version.

Tapan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

you are right, you have to specify the correct value for formula collision. Try "result from this formula" in the settings of your formula for calculating column c. But you will get (result row value a)/(result row value b) instead of (a1a2...an)/(b1b2...bn)... so if you are not calculating result row value a by (a1a2...an), you will not get your desired result. In this case, I think you should work with two additional columns to calculate the result row for value a and value b.

Best regards,

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

The result wow for column A and B are calculating correctly but the result row for C which is a calulated field based on the result row A and B is not showing the correct value.

For A and B fields I have set the Calculate Result as SUMMATION and for C it is NOTHING DEFINED. For Field C I have defined the formula collision as RESULT FROM FORMULA.

In spite of that it is not calculating the correct value.

Let me know what else am i supposed to do.

Anybody who has worked on this please let me know. If there is any notes available please send me.

Regards,

Note : Point will be rewarded as soon as the problem is resolved.

Message was edited by: tapan tripathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

I tried myself in BW 3.5... I'm sorry, I gave wrong information - you have to define formula collision as "Result from Competing Formula"! Now it's working fine for me.

Other suggestion is creating a calculated key figure where you specify "After Aggregation" in properties for "Time of Calculation". This is also working fine for me.

Best regards,

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

I had done the same setting suggested by you. you must have seen my question where i have mentioned the settings clearly but it was not working on quality system. But when I tried that in Development it was working fine. I think somebody had tried to modify the query in quality system manually.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for me also not working..i was just checking how formula collision works!we are in BW 3.5 version.

thanks