SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone who can let me know what is the main use of this TSW?what i have understood, after reading is, it is for scheduling and delivering ,if so can we not make use of SAP SD Module?Regret if this is a silly question.

Wanted to learn Oil and gas business process.After reading understood that they have upstream and downstream business.Rest things 'm not able to understand well.

If any one could explain me in simple terms correlating with SD and MM Module, would have been really beneficial.

Please , would appreciate any inputs on this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kurup,

Trader's and Scheduler's Workbench (TSW) provides functions for stock projection and for planning and scheduling bulk shipments using nominations. TSW provides the relevant master data to model the supply chain. The stock projection, planning, and nomination processes enable the scheduler to schedule bulk shipments while taking into account supply, demand, and available transportation.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any specific questions, we would be glad to help you.

Regards,

Sunil

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kurup,

Trader's and Scheduler's Workbench (TSW) provides functions for stock projection and for planning and scheduling bulk shipments using nominations. TSW provides the relevant master data to model the supply chain. The stock projection, planning, and nomination processes enable the scheduler to schedule bulk shipments while taking into account supply, demand, and available transportation.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any specific questions, we would be glad to help you.

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Thanks for the brief description.

Could you please let me know by any chance, if i have to do a training in IS O ang G, how much would it cost.

I know it depends on institute to institute, but if could get me some info on that , it would be great.

Thanks

Lekshmi

0 Kudos

Hi there,

You need to have at least basic knowledge of Sales and Distribution and Material Management before you go for IS Oil & Gas Training, other =wise you won't be able to understand processes.

Regards,

RS

0 Kudos

Hello Sunil, as I see you are an expert in TSW

I want to activate TSW but I don´t know is it necessary to pay an extra license to SAP to use it. Do you know it?

When I try to activate TSW in IMG I can´t add a new register in OIJX table.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

TSW is a separate license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check this link for the training in SAP IS-Oil : http://www12.sap.com/asia/services/education/catalog/industry/oilgas.epx

Former Member
0 Kudos

the main advantage of TSW is that it it nicely integrated into the supply chain (SD, MM, MM-IM, APO, SCEM), proving you one stop visibilty into your demand and supply areas.

Also, it allows a visibilty into your in-transit stock, which is very important in oil business , because the shipment worth a million dollars is in-transit for weeks together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the replies.