cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP: call failed: java.io.IOException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I was executing several stress-tests for an interface between to non-SAP systems over PI, that both use async SOAP adapter communication.

The requirement is to transfer up to 70mb files with single files. I executed the tests successfully with a 50MB message size and lower, and then I tried with a 70MB message, but the message failed and got this error in the adapter log:

SOAP: call failed: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

I believe this is coming from the adapter itself and not from the receiving system. I have checked the binary message data from the messaging system and it looks perfectly fine.

Any ideas why this is happening? Is there a limitation for message sizes with the SOAP adapter?

I also checked the messaging system configuration settings in the AS Java but could not find anythig related to the SOAP adapter.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

S. Gökhan TOPÇ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokhan,

I believe this is coming from the adapter itself and not from the receiving system. I have checked the binary message data from the messaging system and it looks perfectly fine.

I believe this is a client-side error, as your request was not properly addressed and the SOAP service was not reached.

Any ideas why this is happening? Is there a limitation for message sizes with the SOAP adapter?

Well, SAP's message size limit is huge but a lot depends on your receiving server's capabilities and network connections. So, you might not be able to reach the SAP's tested message size. In my project, I am able to do a max of 55 megs through SOAP.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Neetesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error was coming from ICM as the request size exceeded the ICM's defined limit.