cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ms Access (like in ECCS) in BCS 4.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As far as I understand there are 3 data entry method only in BCS 4.0 which are the data entry layout, flexible upload, and load from datastream.

Many of our subsidiaries do not use SAP, and do not have the connection to SAP, meanings that in this case the flexible upload is the only method available.

The problem is, this flexible upload do not contain the validation rule inside (not like the ms access in ECCS version where the we can embedded the validation into), meanings that the subsidiaries user can send any data, even unbalance data to the consolidation user. In this case, the consolidation user will be very busy just to load the flexible upload and run validation in SAP (then return the file to every user for correction).

In Ms Access ECCS, since the tool has the validation inside, then the checking role is done in subsidiary level before the data is sent to consolidation users. I have sent a message to request the ms access to SAP, but they say that there is no plan to build ms access for BCS.

My question is, is there anyone have this situation? Is there anyone can advise how to overcome the issue?

regards,

Xing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to validate data during its original load/creation (before load to BCS), the only means I see is to write a custom program (in ACCESS or Excel-VBA).

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for your advise. I guess that's the only way if the SAP can not provide the functionality.

I'm thinking about my latest implementation where all offline users using ms access and when they must upgrade to BCS, they will be upset since the ms access is not available anymore.

Anyway, the creation of custom program in flexible file do not solve all problems since the flat file is not user friendly. They do not want to use the file even we build the custom program inside.

Is there any more method beside data entry layout, read from data stream and flexible upload in BCS 4.0? Is there more method in BCS 6.0?

regards,

Halim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, there is no new general methods either in 4.0 or in 6.0 (I don't treat the Copy and Delete methods as new ones).

In order to somewhat overcome the situation, you may (we are just implementing this) to use BPS layouts for remote data entry. You can create some validation there. Remote users enter data, generate special validation reports, correct their data if necessary. Data loaded are then read into consolidation cubes through load from data stream.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eugene

How much progress have you made in developing the BPS layouts? We have a situation, in which to the total legacy monthly data of 35,000 records, the breakdown category/movement type has to be added to relevant transactions.

Any suggestions regarding the most efficient method?

Regards

Avi