cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies in variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Iam having a problem in creating dendencies for variant configuration in my system. I have tried all the three dependency types;

Pre conditions

Selection Conditions

Procedures

But my system variant configuation is not responding for any . Foe example I have created two charactersitic Engine capacity & colur & Iam trying to make the system select Red colour when i select 1000 CC, but not successful in using any of the dependency types. Please note Iam sucessful in the below:

Creating class, assignning it to chrac. assinging the materail to the class thr config profile. Iam able to see them in the Sales order but iam unable to create dependencies. I dont even any syntax errors when i write the object dependency.

have i missed out anything in particuler, if any of you have faced such problem please revert.

thnks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Foe example I have created two charactersitic Engine capacity & colur & Iam trying to make
 the system select Red colour when i select 1000 CC,

for your example:

say CHAR_COLOR is for color, and CHAR_ENG for engine capacity.

Now goto CU01 create PROCEDURE type dependency with release status and following code:

$self.CHAR_COLOR =' red'
 If CHAR_ENG EQ '1000'.

Assign this procedure to your configuration profile.

Hope rest settings you know. Test the same in CU50.

try and revert

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Procedure and assign it either at the charactestic level for Color (not Engine) or assign this dependency in the config profile.

Can you give the syntax that you are using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's about as basic as it gets; so I suggest hiring a paid profesionnal who knows VC, and stop playing around with it yourself