Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Directory Path using Dynamic Configuration

ADIDAS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where the directory path for placing the files is different across our different environments. Ex: Development Environment has a different path than the Quality Enviornmnet. Also the full path is depending on fileds within the message.

I want to use Dynamic Configuration to create the Directory path. But in order to capture the full requirement I need to know wheich environment I am within the User Defined Function.

Can someone provide me the java class and function that I can use in my UDF to read the environment I am in.

( Essentially I want to read Sy-SYSID in ABAP...using Java. )

Regards,

Arunava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not knowing your complete requirement, I may say it will be an overkill to determine the directory dynamically across different environments as against just maintaining it in the configuration. Can you elaborate why you want to do this? Even if you did determine it dynamically, you are probably going to hard code the directory structure in your code that determines the directory. Doing it using configuration is the easiest and cleanest way to accomplish this.

KK

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arunva,

>>Essentially I want to read Sy-SYSID in ABAP...using Java.

It might not be possible to read system id in java, but you can read the sender or receiver service(SENDER_SERVICE or RECEIVER_SERVICE) and based on it can decide the diretory in DynamicConfiguration.

If you have a sender or receiver SAP sysem then better to read its name because this business systm ill haeunique name aross different environment. Check this thread too

Regards

Suraj