cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data in SAP WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one tell me the master data that is maintained in SAPWM? As far as I know Material Master ( 2 tabs of Ware house management), Storage Bins and storage Types are the main master data in SAP WM. Are ware house number and quant also counted in Master data? I have mentioned 5 items in this message can you tell em which all of these are actually master datas and if there is some other master data in WM which i have not mentioned then please tell me that as well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Anoop

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anoop,

Actually Storage bin is the only Master data in WM and Storage type is customize thing means you can customize as per your client requirement.

Supply area and Control cycle is also Master data if you are using JIT Outbound (IS-Auto)

Thanks,

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Csaba.

Regars

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Can you please briefly explain a bit about the Control cycle, i am not in to PP so i just need a little bit of overview. What is it used for and where? Any more details will also be beneficial.

Thanks in advance.

Anoop

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction: LPK1 / LPK2 / LPK3 / LS41

Data Table: PKHD

Control cycle is used for material satging. E.g. when you create and release your PrdOrd you can set the system that it should generate TR - processing this TR you et the TO and mateials are transfered from normal storage type to production storage typ. Later you consume the goods from production storage type by mvt 261.

Using control cycles you can define to which bin you want to transfer the materials - fixed bin, dynamic bin (in production storage type).

In the control cycle you can also define the basic behaviour of the component: poick part/ crate part/ release order part.

For more information please see SAP online help

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 18, 2009 8:42 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Warehouse number, storage types, storage sectiones are part of config.

You can also find storage bins in config but they are not relevant to transport that's why I think we can regard them as master data.

Quants are transactional data in my opinion.

Material master WM1 & WM2 views are master data as well as countrol cycles (if you use WM/PP interface).

At the moment we have 3 master data: material master, control cycle and storage bins.

Regards,

Csaba