cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In standard SAP, system copies the tax classification from the tax information stored in the customer master record of the ship-to party. I want that system should check tax classification from the tax information stored in the customer master record of the sold to party instead of ship to party.

How can i do that?

Plz respond.

Best Regards,

AI.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto,

IMG - SD - Basic Functions - Taxes - Maintain Sales Tax Identification Number

Tax number and tax classification are copied from the sold-to party.

If you enter A, tax number and tax classification are generally copied from the sold-to party.

The tax number is copied according to the 'country of destination relevant for taxes'.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved it myself. I went to tcode SM30 and open view V_TVKO_TAX. There I maintained 'A' for my sales organization and it worked.

Many Thanks.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its nice to see that you have solved your problem on your own.

But i just want you to see my reply,

You have done the same thing, what I said in my post. I have given you menu path to maintain the entry , where as you have maintained the same entry through table.

from SM30- enter the view table & Click on "Customizing" which will take you to the same node, which I & Arijeet Biswas has

provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ohk

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr AI,

No personal feelings,

its not the matter of rewarding points(I am not thirsty of points,anyway).

All the contributors are spending their personal time to help them. I personally request to all SDNers who post the threads, please read those replies atleast once. That may help you.

once again, NO personal feelings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is a myth that a Tax classification (and Tax reg number) is always taken from the Ship-to.

In Standard SAP settings, this is the rule that is followed and you can validate that by doing some tests as per the logic below.

The priority rule works as follows:

the standard priority rule works as follows:

1. If the payer has a VAT ID number and Payer is not equal to Sold-to, then the tax number and tax classification are copied from the payer (in this case, the ship-to party is not relevant).

The tax number is taken according to the 'tax country of destination'.

2. If 1. does not apply:

If the ship-to party has a VAT registration number and the sold-to party does not, tax number and tax classification are copied from the ship-to party.

3. If 2. does not apply:

Tax number and tax classification are copied from the sold-to party.

Also, if you make the Sales tax identification number as A for your Sls Org, then, tax number and tax classification are generally copied from the sold-to party. The path is SPRO-SD-Basic fn.- Taxes - Maintain tax identification number.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TAX CATEGORY will be determined based on the SHIP to country, this is the Standard behaviour.

regards,

santosh