cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application server shutdown after running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Im running dialog server on win 2003 server, SQL 2005, the dispatcher is performing emergency shutdown after running for a while, im posting the error below:

start to initalize 3.X shared alert area (first segment).

• ERROR => platform patchno is 209 [dpxxdisp.c 18253]

• ERROR => but my patchno is 221 [dpxxdisp.c 18254]

• DP_FATAL_ERROR => Release inconsistent with running system

• DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN ***

I tried to copy the 209 version, but it keeps giving me the same error, i think its holding that level number somwhere.

Please can you help!

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you are consistant with the patch levels.....You have to shutdown the Central instance as well as the App server.

You can stop/start the App as many times as you want it will not work until the CI comes down..

So, shutdown App ==> then CI start CI and then App.....

I had the same problem a few years back..

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you copy the updated kernel to the correct place. You might be replacing your kernel each time with an older version if you have sapcpe running at startup (there should be a log for this).

Hope this helps.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to make sure that all your application servers and the central instance have the exact same patch level number of the kernel. You cannot use the system with different patch levels among the application servers. So, install the same kernel patch level to the every application server and CI.

- apply the same level of kernel to the sever

- restart the system to have the message server determine the new patch level automatically

- Enter the new patch number in the message server status area which previously contained the old patch level (if it can

be accessed)

- Transaction SMLG

- Goto -> System Diagnosis -> Message server status area

- Enter new patch level.

Best regards,

Warren

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done kernel upgrade ? If yes, check below link:

Thanks