cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sap user creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All SAP experts,

My company has implemented 2 Systems SAP Landscape with one development and one production server which are running on R/3 Enterprise 4.7 (Kernel Release 6.20) with Microsoft SQL 2000 as database server.

I have the following questions regarding new sap user creation by using user copy function.

1.When I request to create new SAP User by using user copy function ,should I just create the user acct in DEV and transport it to PROD System? If yes, how could I do that?

2.When I request to create new SAP User by using user copy function, can I just create it on PROD System only? If yes, what is the impact?

3.When using User copy function to create new user acct, should I select all parts (like adress ,defaults,reference user, user groups.....) of the existing user to be cloned to new user acct?

Thanks.

Leon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Answer to your questions in their respective order:

1. You can create user in DEV and then make remote client copy to PRD system using scc9 t-code. Here you can choose user accounts and authorizations for the copy. ( Rem: Data will be overwritten in target system when copied).

You can also use client export/import(scc8/scc7)

But, When you do the client import from the exported files using STMS,you will have to select only one of the transport requests and then STMS automatically selects the other requests for you.

Then it will show you the different transport requests that you have created during your export, the client copy profile and the target system and client. The customizing and application data is deleted in the target client before copying for all profiles except SAP_USER. This is technically unavoidable (and hence the data will be overwritten).

• So if you can afford overwritting of user data in target client , you can go with the above procedure.

2. Using user copy in su01, you can copy one user to another user only in that client and is confined to that system only. So yes, If you want 2 or more users to have same authorizations, profiles ,etc etc.. you can choose this in PROD system.

3. It depends.. If you want user to be in same group, then you can choose user groups. If you want them to have same authorizations , you can choose roles and profiles... If you want them to have same company address and others,... you can select address.. and so on.

Also below link provides required steps in case you choose local/ remote client copy:

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/bc/client-copy-by-using-scc8-and-scc7.htm

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Ajith

Edited by: Ajith Kamath on Oct 20, 2009 8:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creating user doesnot have any impact as long as right authorizations are assigned with approvals. You can use copy function or create a new user. Based on the requirement you may want to choose various parts while copy.