cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment Sales - Problem : Dual Ex. Duty Paid, but recovered only once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are working on Consignment Sales configuration.

we have done all configuration as per standard practice and observing correct postings.

Post Goods Issue, we normally have two seperate postings :

Set 1 :

Ex. Duty Paid Dr

Ex. Duty Payable Cr

Set 2 :

Customer A/c Dr

E. Duty Recovered Cr

Sales A/c Cr

We are using same pricing procedure as that of regular Sales.

But in trials, we are observing that the Excise Duty Paid / Payable is getting posted twice, but is recovered only once.

how do we investigate & correct the error of this dual posting of Ex Duty Paid / Payable. If new pricing procedure is to adopted, what should the change in it?

pleae help and Yes, wish you all a very happy diwali.

Experts, please help.

Edited by: Hussein Merchant on Oct 20, 2009 6:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per stand.SAP consingment is divided in to four types i.e CF, CI, CR, & CP.

When you are snding goods to your consingment stock which is in costumer premices, you have to pay Excise duty while moving the goods from yuor manufacturing plant.

so at that time only you have to pay Excise duty. i.e at the time of consingment fill up only.

At the time of consingment issue , your actual sales happend means your actual stock will decrease & sales happend.

See first you have to check from your business that your consingment fill up price & consingment issue price is same or differnt.

for example if you are removing goods from your manufacturing plant at price Rs.100/- that time you have to pay Excise duty Rs. 14/- only.

At the time of Consingment issue if you are saling the same goods may be at the price of Rs. 150 then you have to pay excise only for Rs.50 only . In most of the cases both CF & CI prices are same so you have to create two pricing procedure in which at the time of CF only excise will get calculated & postings will be happend. At the time of CI no excise will get posted only it will show or get printed on invoice , no postings will be hapend. You can do this by making changes at condition type level.

Please feel free to contact me if still you have any doubt.

Thanks

Devdatta.