cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService Action Block - Trace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using webservice action block in a transaction. And i want to capture the error if this action fails. I will check the success parameter and if it is false then i want the detailed error. I checked the Trace parameter of the Webservice Action, but to my surprise it is also returning the boolean value. For example, if i provide the username and password wrong, it will give unauthorized error. This info i want to pass as output of my transaction.

regards,

Gowtham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gowtham,

have a look at the following thread: [;.

In the Web Service Response you may find a "Fatal Error" in the "ReturnAsString" property.

Michael

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Goutham

Unlike other action blocks like Jco call,SQL query template which has 'LastErrorMessage'..where you can capture error message.

But unfortunately,Enterprise service doesn't have any parameter like the above and i dont think we can capture by with some work around too.

So,check for parameters sucess or trace for false or '0' . and use terminate transaction with message of your choice.

Its like keeping all the code in try block and displaying one message for all the exceptions in java.

Does any body know..are we getting upgraded webservice action block with the next relase of MII??

Thanks

Hari Gunda