Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email distribution list in mail adaptor

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using mail adaptor / mail map to send email notificaiton, it works fine for single email id or multiple but not working for email distribution list which starts with "#". Is there any configuration required?

Thanks,

Menaga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Menega,

Can you please explain me the steps to send mail via distribution list to external mail address. If you would have already done with it kinldy provide me the steps which will be very helpful for me

Thanks in advance

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In mail adapter you have to use the email ID itself ( group @ abc . com).

All the individual mail ID's needs to be added to this group.

Distribution list can be used if you are triggering alerts from ABAP stack.

Regards,

Sunil.

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure what you mean by group?? I have to send the email to a distribuion list id in the outlook and not as single email as multiple ...

Thanks,

Menaga

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you find the email ID of that Distribution List. With outlook, you may just check the Properties of user and then E-Mail address. You may use that address.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Menaga,

Distrubutor mail id is like simillar to normal mail id, but internally it contains the number of mail ids.

Ask your network team to create the distributed mail id (in this mail id how many mail ids you want you can put that mail ids).

and configure that distributed mail id like you configure in the normal mail id.

Regards

Ramesh.

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

I am aware of what is the distribution list and I have one but my question is I have to use the distribution list email address in the message mapping to send email to distribution list and it is not working for distribution list but workign for indivdual id's.

Thanks,

Menaga

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

some distribution lists doesn't allow e-mails from a mail id which is not a part of the group.

See if the DL that was created is one such .

Regards,

Ravi

former_member58757
Participant
0 Kudos

I dotn think there is a problem with the distribution list because it is working in iother EDI transalation sofwtware. My question is is there any configuration required to add the distribution list in mail message mapping in PI?

Thanks,

Menaga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me there is no other configuraion required, but you said the distribute list name starts with "#" that might be a problem.

So check with other distributed mail id that first character starts with alphabet.

Regards

Ramesh