cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete logs in audit trail

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it possible to delete entries on the audit trail? Let say for example, i want to delete all the entries for the year 2008, what will be the steps/transactions to use?

thanks in advance for your help.

regards,

markee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go ahead and archive the data in the system.

Archive Object : SPL_AT

You can explicitly specify if you would be archiving the Audit logs of Business Partners / Customs Docs or both for a specific period.

Thanks

Jasmit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP GTS provides standard Object for archiving the audit trial details , go ahead & archive the required data. By archiving you can have the compressed backup and it is safe delete the record.

Regards,

Murali Mani

christin_angus
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The recommeneded way by SAP is the archiving.

It is not supported to delete entries of the Audit log due to the reason that you have to show them to your auditor if he asks for them!!!

Please go with the archiving.

BR, Christin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for your response. However, how do i delete the contents of those tables? As for the reason, we are trying to delete logs from the system which exceeds 5 years due to some policies. Also, we are trying to improve performance by deleting these logs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markee,

I got your point,

ask your developer to program a small report which would delete content of these tables based on your selection.

Selection could be time interval based on creation date.

For example:

select options: so_date type /SAPSLL/SPLAUD-CRSTP.

DELETE from /SAPSLL/SPLAUD

WHERE CRSTP in so_date

(so_date for example 01.01.2000 - 01.01.2005)

I am not the best developer but i believe this can be done in 5 minutes.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually i was looking for a way to delete entries for the transaction /SAPSLL/SPL_AT_BP_LO - Audit Trail for Business Partners.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markee,

you would have to delete the content of these tables for specific data or period (or basically it is up to you).

/SAPSLL/SPLAUD

/SAPSLL/SPLAUDD

/SAPSLL/SPLAUDK

/SAPSLL/SPLAUDM

/SAPSLL/SPLAUDR

Anyway, what is the reason of getting rid of these data?

Best regards,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I understand your question that you are looking to delete the Application logs for the document / Business Partner / material transfer...

if so, you can do this via SLG2.