cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall & ports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPiens,

We have to set up a list of ports to open for the firewall guys. We have 3 machines, 1 machine with Solution Manager (ABAP & Java stack), 1 machine with a BI system (only ABAP stack was installed) and 1 with BA (ABAP & java installed).

I can't be sure about ports to be opened for systems to communicate with each other (fortunately it is clear enough for the GUI or HTTP console).

At first, the list I set up was, for e.g. ports to be opened for solution manager (11 is the Java instance number):

TCP, from the 2 others SAP machines to the Solution manager machine:

3211 Dispatcher Solution Manager

3311 Gateway SMP

8011 ICM http SMP

3611 Message Server SMP

51113 Start Service SMP

Do you think this is correct ?

In another hand, a colleague told me a SAP system communicate with other SAP systems only via RFC, and thus only port 32xx (3211 in the case above) should be opened in TCP.

I can't get a clear and precise answer about this in sap note, other forums posts or google.

Can someone be so kind to tell me what is the good way to open ports ?

Many thanks in advance,

Eric Jamin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric ,

You colleague is right, server to server communication is taken place though RFC , but RFC communication is taken place to through sap gateway . so for server to server communication you require port 33XX and not 32XX .

33XX is gateway port.

If you going to configure solution manager for Maitainance optimzer , early watch alert , charm ..etc , the you have to open port bi direction ( two way )

1. from solution manager to BI system ( 33NN)

2. from Bi system to solution manager (33NN)

Thanks

Anil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All Anil, Juan and Anindya,

Thank you all for your answers.

Unfortunately, the documents linked explain which port correspond to which services, but I cannot get out of these which port need to be opened in my case.

Anil, thank you for your detailed explanations. I will follow your recommendations.

Have a nice day all and take care.

Eric Jamin.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This document provide you all the list of ports with descriptions, etc...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c2...

Regards

Juan