cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in BIC mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pals,

Am using BIC mapping for converting a flat file to xml, am able to convert all formats of flat file but BIC mapper is throwing error if my input file has characters like ä , Ü and § . Upon removing the special characters from my input file, BIC mapper is giving the desired xml output file, If special characters are kept in input file, it throws error.

I tried to change the BIC data type for the field from A to AN, but nothing seems to be working...

Kindly help

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There must be some option in the BIC mapping designer,for setting encoding value to some encoding fomrat which supports the special characters that you have mentioned.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have two options here:

1. If you have to retain these characters, then you may try with setSourceEncoding or setDestinationMapping in the BIC MD.

2. If these characters could be removed at runtime, then you may use the ReplaceString fucntion in the module chain.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your characters looks like umlaut characters ..if yes then there is an option for handling them by specifiying the function mode setSourceUmlautMode to ON at child level mapping or at source mapping similarly at target too..

if not then you need to look for encoding which can be set with the option setXMLEncoding/SrcEncoding...options..

HTH

Rajesh